PDA

View Full Version : A Trip of Firsts and Favorites - Day 2; Part 2 (MK)

ljv1975
06-03-2010, 12:48 PM
After we ate lunch and a quick restroom break, I had to stop for a dole whip float. I just love these. On the way to the hub, we passed by the new Tiana and Prince Naveen character meet and greet location. The line was pretty long. They have a cast member at the entrance letting people know how long the wait is and telling them that perhaps they may want to come back later because the Prince and Princess are going to be leaving in a little while to take a break, but they’ll be back.

We grabbed fast passes for Pooh and then made our way over to Tomorrowland. We rode the TTA, which our whole family just loves. Such a relaxing ride, and the kids love looking at the City of Tomorrow display and down on the Buzz Lightyear ride. The only bad thing I can say is that I much preferred the old commentary. Where is Tom Morrow??

After the TTA we went into the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. The kids think this is funny and Levi always hopes to be “That Guy” for some reason. He hasn’t been selected yet, but he keeps hoping. When the show was over we walked back over to Fantasyland to use our Pooh fast passes, then rode Snow White and the Carousel. We could have walked right onto the carousel, but someone else had already gotten on Cinderella’s horse, which Sophie wanted so we waited for the next ride. The cast member seemed a little tiffed that we wanted to wait saying, “I can’t guarantee you’ll get the horse you want anyway.” I mean, I know that, but we’ll take our chances, and Sophie did get Cinderella’s horse after all. No harm done. http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/ljv1975/Disney%20-%20May%202010/?action=view&current=579.jpg http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/ljv1975/Disney%20-%20May%202010/?action=view&current=578.jpg

We then went over for a showing of Mickey’s Philharmagic. I think this show is so cute, and I love when the kids reach out for Donald or to grab the jewels in the Ariel scene. After the show we went over to Peter Pan to use our fast passes from this morning.

We were going to go ride the Haunted Mansion and then Pirates again, but Aiden fell asleep in the stroller and Sophie was looking like she was going to join him so we found a nice shady bench in Frontierland and sat for a few minutes. Of course, the train happened to go by just then and the whistle was loud! Aiden didn’t wake up, but after that Sophie didn’t seem to want to sleep. We discussed what she wanted to do and decided to go back to the Tiana meet and greet.

The line was pretty long and Tiana and Naveen weren’t even there! I heard someone say that the guy who was first in line had been waiting almost an hour! Once they arrived, the line moved pretty quickly. By the time we started moving, Aiden had woken up and he and Levi joined us. Sophie made friends with the little girl behind us in line which made the wait much easier.

After getting photos and autographs, http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/ljv1975/Disney%20-%20May%202010/?action=view&current=595.jpg we decided to head out of the park and get over to Hollywood Studios for our dinner at Mama Melrose’s. It was almost time for the parade so it was a little difficult to maneuver out of the park, but we made it to the car and to DHS in plenty of time.

Up Next: Dinner, and will Fantasmic be rained out?

KylesMom
06-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Love the pics of your princess! Adorable! A great afternoon at the MK - you seem to be timing the crowds right if the only real line you've waited in thus far was for Tiana. I'm glad Sophie was able to ride Cinderella's horse. Worth that extra cycle! Hopefully Aiden's nap will keep him fresh for the rest of the evening.

I hope the jaunt over to DHS was an easy one & that you enjoyed your dinner at Mama Melrose. And of course, my fingers are crossed that Fantasmic! did not get rained out! :mickey:

faline
06-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Great pics! Everyone seems to have enjoyed their time at the Magic Kingdom!

DisneyorBust
06-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Nice day at the Magic Kingdom for your family. I wonder how the evening at DHS went? Off to find out!

pdrlkr
06-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
06-05-2010, 09:40 PM
What a busy busy day so far! Glad you are getting to hit most of the rides without many lines! Love that BBB look!

mouseketeer mom
06-07-2010, 08:39 AM
I love the pic of Sophie on the horse!

yjgirl32
06-07-2010, 09:52 AM
I am enjoying reading your reports. hank you for sharing.

vizsla
06-14-2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
06-14-2010, 08:42 AM
sounds like the day is still goign good..