PDA

View Full Version : Photopass CD Quality?

EeyoresBestFriend
06-03-2010, 10:20 AM
This is my first experience with a pre purchase CD.

I was wondering if the picture quality is good when you print a picture off the CD?

While doing borders and stuff on the website, it's hard to tell if the pictures are a bit fuzzy or not. I have always bought my pictures at the parks on the last day, or from the website, and am hoping that the quality is the same from the CD.

KylesMom
06-03-2010, 10:33 AM
We've been purchasing the PhotoPass CD since 2005 or thereabouts, and have never had any quality issues with printing out the pictures from the CD at home - or uploading them to our photo provider site & printing them out that way. Granted, the photos aren't taken in high resolution anyway, so you probably couldn't generate a poster-size print out of them, but 5x7 & 8x10 pictures turn out well.

KAT1811
06-03-2010, 11:48 AM
We love the CD. We also did one of the photo sessions at the Polynesian with the entire family on our last trip and have beautiful pictures. We love it. Hope you do too!

Tygger7
06-03-2010, 12:30 PM
I ordered the CD in 2008, and just ordered it for my May 2010 trip. I prepurchased both times, and have been very happy with the quality of the pictures. I take the CD to a Kodak kiosk (or the one at Sam's Club) to get all my prints, and they've always turned out great.

Eric87
06-03-2010, 12:45 PM
The quality of the photos are great, but the person taking them isn't always so good. Make sure each stop they take at least two photos. I noticed on ours the focus or how we were centered in the photo is a bit off at times.

Pirate Granny
06-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I must be doing something wrong...we always pre-pay for the CD...love the pictures, but when I add borders they seem to cut a bit off when I have them printed at Meiers...does anyone else have this problem...
:pirate:

EeyoresBestFriend
06-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Thanks, everyone!

I am really excited about having all the pictures at my beck and call for photoframes and DVD creations! :thumbsup:

We had over 200 pictures and only had maybe 4 or 5 that were messed up.

forever a child
06-03-2010, 05:07 PM
I must be doing something wrong...we always pre-pay for the CD...love the pictures, but when I add borders they seem to cut a bit off when I have them printed at Meiers...does anyone else have this problem...
:pirate:

You need to save them in a proper format size. The website automatically saves as a 5x7, but usually prints are done in 4x6. Save them as a 4x6 in the Disney photopass site and you shouldn't have a problem. If you do want a 5x7 you should save them that way too.

Hope that helps.:mickey:

faline
06-03-2010, 06:37 PM
You need to save them in a proper format size. The website automatically saves as a 5x7, but usually prints are done in 4x6. Save them as a 4x6 in the Disney photopass site and you shouldn't have a problem. If you do want a 5x7 you should save them that way too.

How do you do that? I don't see an option for saving them as 4x6 pics?

Fastpasssteve
06-04-2010, 03:43 AM
I'm with the poster above who counsels you to make sure they take at least 2 photos of each shot. I would say 3 shots myself.

Also, if there's a shot you want really bad (e.g. - a shot with your kids in front of the castle), check out the photo half-way through the day at the PhotoPass Office (located in each of the parks, usually by the entrance) and see how that magic photo turned out. If it's blurry or (God forbid) lost in computer space, you'll have time to get it taken again that same day!

forever a child
06-04-2010, 10:59 AM
How do you do that? I don't see an option for saving them as 4x6 pics?

It is a drop down top right of the screen. It saves them as is you were placing an order of 2 - 4x6 prints. But it reformats them to correct size so you shouldn't have a problem with reprints having boarders cut off. Hope that helps! (I was a photography major :)

faline
06-06-2010, 06:31 PM
It is a drop down top right of the screen. It saves them as is you were placing an order of 2 - 4x6 prints. But it reformats them to correct size so you shouldn't have a problem with reprints having boarders cut off. Hope that helps! (I was a photography major :)

Got it! Thanks so much!

SurferStitch
06-06-2010, 07:10 PM
We've found the quality of the CD photos to be pretty good, but I always put them through Lightroom and/or Photoshop to color balance and correct the exposure.

It's amazing how far off the exposure and brightness is on almost all of the photos on the CD's we get. They are also sometimes very warm, and need the color cooled down a bit so our skin isn't an orangey/yellow color. I also found that on our last CD from our trip last month that the contrast is terribly low, so I fixed that, too. Oh yeah...had to up the black levels, too. Now things that are supposed to be black are no longer a grayish color.

Now the photos look amazing! :thumbsup: