PDA

View Full Version : Just back! Dining Reviews!

sassy2000
06-03-2010, 10:16 AM
This was our 1st trip not using the dining plan and I have to say that we will never do so again. We would have saved money on the plan but this was a test run for us. Anyway, on to the reviews...

May 27 - T-Rex - We enjoyed this place. I was a little worried about the food since it is owned by the same company as Rainforest Cafe and we did not enjoy that meal. I got the nachos which were huge, mom got the quesadillas which were good, DH got the mushroom ravioli? which he enjoyed, DS had burger, and DD had pizza. It is definitely overpriced but so is everything else in Disney. :mickey: My kids loved the atmosphere. Just a note: Call the restaurant directly for ADRs. Disney showed no availability but I called direct & got easy ADR.

May 28 - Pepper Market- Not as good as our last trip. I think they changed their menu but the food was ok. I had the steak burrito which was good and plenty of it! This place is a good value if you are on the dining plan.

May 29 - Lunch at Crystal Palace. We love the character interaction here. The food is just OK. There also seemed to be several empty tables here during lunch even though the disney site showed no availabilty prior to our trip.

May 30 - Lunch at Tusker House. We did not have ADR. Just walked up at 11:30 and were seated immediately. We always enjoy this place. The food is always good. We also enjoy the dessert selection here. When we left at 12:30 there were still empty tables.

Dinner at Whispering Canyon for me & hubby - Great as always. We had the canyon skillet which is always good.

May 31 - Breakfast Crystal Palace at 8:15. This was our 1st breakfast here and it was the best breakfast buffet at Disney IMO. They have puffef french toast, chocolate mickey waffles, which are yummy. They had lots of fresh and delicious fruit, strawberries, blueberries, rasberries, blackberries, watermelon, pineapple, grapes, and melon. We will definitely make this a regular stop!

Ohana dinner. Great as always! The meats were all cooked perfectly this time. No dry turkey lol. Bread pudding was delicious!

We got in right at our ADR times at every spot except Ohana. We had 6:40 ADR but weren't seated until 7:00 but they were packed! Overall great experience! Can't wait to go back next March!

the other micki
06-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Glad you had an overall great dining experience! I can't imagine not having the dining plan, but that's just me :) You're really making me wish that my trip was closer than 460 days away!

KAT1811
06-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Sounds fabulous! Crystal Palace is our favorite breakfast in WDW!!! Glad you enjoyed it!!!