PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reviews May 22-30

crltkcagle
06-02-2010, 08:52 PM
We always enjoy our dining plan at WDW. Overall we were very satisified with our meals.

May 22- Teppan Edo -
This place is fabulous! THe food was great and the chef was alot of fun. The chef we got wasn't as good as some of the others but it was still a great experience. I rate this 10 out 10!

May 23- 1900 Park Fare Dinner
This place was just horrible. The roast was still bleeding after the chef carved it and put it on my plate. It has a wide variety of foods but nothing that appealed to us. The entertainment however was great! My kids really enjoyed meeting The step sisters and Lady Tremaine. I of course enjoyed meeting Cindereall and Prince Charming. And a little tip for those of you who don't know. When you enter the restaurant they tell you to get in line for a picture. Its a pretty picture infront of a background of a castle. What they don't tell you when they bring the picture to you is that you can't put it on fastpass unless you pay the 31.99 for the pictures. And theres only one package. So beware! LOL

May 24- 50's Prime Time-
We felt kind of neutral about this place. Food was ok. We would probably never go back there again.

May 25- Ohana's
THis has always been our favorite! And it still is. The food is still awesome and I don't understand why its getting bad reviews. This is a must for us every trip! The service was great and so was the entertainment.

May 26- Whispering Canyon
Another must do for us. THe food was excellent, the service was awesome and our waitress was really funny. When my son dropped his fork she brought him out a three foot wooden fork for him to use. When my other son dropped his drink she brought him out a new one wrapped in packing tape so he couldn't spill it again. This place is always alot of fun and I highly recommend it for those who love BBQ. My hubby filled up with the Skillet and went back for seconds!

May 27- !900 Park Fare Supercalifragilstic Breakfast
The breakfast was great. There are alot of options and you can order an omlet made to suit your taste. The characters were alot of fun also, though it did take them a while to get to us.

May 28- Garden Grill
Wow what a great place this is! We are big into healthy food and this place was full of it. THe fish was great too! The characters were alot of fun and we got to see each of them about four times. My kids enjoyed the spinning restaurant too.

May 29- Mama Melrose
Ok I do not understand why this place gets such bad reviews either. This food was great! I had the chicken pippette and it was so good I asked for the recipe. THe service was wonderful too. I think we found a new favorite!

May 30- Raglan Road
Well I must say I now understand why the Irish are always drunk, its so thier food tastes good! LOL Seriously this food had no flavor, I mean zero. It was so bad I couldn't even be polite and make myself eat it. THe bread they bring out in the beginning was good. ANd the service was awesome.

That about sums up our trip. We did enjoy most of the places we ate and look forward to trying some new ones on our next tirp.

Emme&TeddysMommy
06-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Sounds like you had a yummy trip! I was excited to read about Garden Grill. We are trying Garden Grill for the first time in September and we can't wait. Glad to hear your trip was a success!

KylesMom
06-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm glad you had some great dining experiences, Kelly. Our "must do" eateries each trip include Mama Melrose (at least 3x), Ohana, & Whispering Canyon. Garden Grill was one of our favorites, too - until they took out the lunch! :( We have a tentative lunch ressie at 50's for the first time this trip - we'll see firsthand how this hits our family . . .

Thanks for sharing your dining delights - and misses!

svarhall07
06-03-2010, 01:58 AM
I'm so glad you enjoyed Garden Grill, it's high on my list for next time! :balloon:

Fastpasssteve
06-03-2010, 03:12 AM
I have had similar experiences with 1900 Park Fare.

Dinner? Not so much.

Breakfast? YUM and bring me more! Especially the strawberry soup and the blintzes! Delightful.

Ms. Mode
06-03-2010, 07:57 AM
I've been wanting to give 1900 PF a try, but I don't know if my family will go for the food. I'm currently trying to talk them into Ohana, so maybe I should just stick with one new place at a time. :blush: Thanks for the review!

wdwluv
06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
We loved 'Ohana too!

Garden Grill didn't thrill me, but the kids loved the characters and rotating restaurant - and I did like the fish, it was my favorite!

Whispering Canyon is on deck for us in November, as is 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and Mama Melrose for Dinner! :-) (I find Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace a little frantic, for lack of a better word, have you been to those? How would you compare the experiences?)

We had to choose between Teppan Edo for lunch or Garden Grill for dinner on our last trip - and we went for the experience of Garden Grill for the kids. (and the kid in me) I was so disappointed to miss Teppan Edo! Sounds like it would have been great! We have Le Cellier set up for dinner on our Epcot day - I have Teppan Edo for lunch that day - but we usually can't do two table meals a day! (too much food for us) Decisions, decisions!!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience!!!

crltkcagle
06-03-2010, 10:17 AM
We have been to both CP and CM's. They are a little crazy compared to 1900. 1900 is a more laid back atmosphere. Have a great trip!

We loved 'Ohana too!

Garden Grill didn't thrill me, but the kids loved the characters and rotating restaurant - and I did like the fish, it was my favorite!

Whispering Canyon is on deck for us in November, as is 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and Mama Melrose for Dinner! :-) (I find Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace a little frantic, for lack of a better word, have you been to those? How would you compare the experiences?)

We had to choose between Teppan Edo for lunch or Garden Grill for dinner on our last trip - and we went for the experience of Garden Grill for the kids. (and the kid in me) I was so disappointed to miss Teppan Edo! Sounds like it would have been great! We have Le Cellier set up for dinner on our Epcot day - I have Teppan Edo for lunch that day - but we usually can't do two table meals a day! (too much food for us) Decisions, decisions!!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience!!!