PDA

View Full Version : POP Century- Preferred vs. Standard Room

andrew&ryansmommy
06-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Looking for some insight as to whether or not a preferred room is necessary. I had a preferred room booked, but needed to change the reservation by a day to use my PIN code, and there is no longer a preferred room available. We are traveling first week of December, with a 1 yr old and 3 yr old. I assume we probably we wont be able to swim, so what are the pros and cons...should I keep calling to see if one becomes available? Are rooms bigger, or are you just in a different location? I would obviously love close to buses, and quiet..not looking for much more, oh and a somewhat comfy bed :)

big blue and hairy
06-02-2010, 05:54 PM
There really is very little difference. In fact, it is entirely possible that some standard rooms are closer to the main building than some of the prefered rooms. We've stayed in all of the areas, and they are all fine. I would be more likely to book a prefered room if I wanted to be close to the pool bar. With the exception of 70's, all of the rooms are right next to a pool.

:sulley:

Strmchsr
06-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Don't count out swimming. The pools are heated and December can sometimes have highs in the 80s.

As for rooms - I agree that preferred is a waste of money at Pop. Preferred rooms are not always closer and location/scenery (i.e. a water view) are the only advantages to a preferred room. Room size is the same.

forever a child
06-03-2010, 05:02 PM
We just got back from Pop and stayed in the 50's section facing the lake. It was not a preferred location but it was not far at all to walk to the food court/gift shop. It was also very quiet and our rooms were facing MK so we could watch the fireworks. If I go back to POP I will definitely be requesting this area again. All the preferred benefit with out the extra costs.

I do admit it is further to the bus stop but it wasn't bad at all, in my opinion!:mickey: