PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gatherings Question

BeccaO
06-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Does anybody have any information at all that they can share about a Grand Gathering? We will have a group of 22, all the children will be over the age of 3, we are celebrating my parents 50th anniversary. I will be taking care of calling the number for all the dining information we have and some other special arrangements we will have. Has anybody worked with Grand Gathering CM's in the past?

KAT1811
06-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I have but for me the only benefit I found was linking all of our reservations together to help get all of our rooms in the same area. We were all in a row, 4 rooms. That part was great. As far as the "special" gathering experiences we were less than thrilled with them. I found them to be expensive for what they were and time consuming. Traveling the World with a large group takes time. Who has to stop at the rest room, who wants to ride what rides, who wants a drink, who needs a break. Things like that eat up park time quicker than you would think so we chose to contact group dining to help with reservations and skip the GG "special events". I'm not sure what you are planning to have them help you with. . .

BeccaO
06-03-2010, 02:36 PM
My parents have already taken care of all the rooms under one reservation. I am in charge of calling for all the dining reservations. We will not be doing things in the parks as one group. Been there, done that, it doesn't work. We have chosen to meet for dinner each day. What I need to know is if the Grand Gatherings number and the group dining number are one in the same? We are also going to do a private party in Epcot along the water with dessert one evening after dinner, and I really don't want to have to sit down for 2 hours on the phone and be switched from one person to another. I hope this makes sense??? My Mom spoke to someone and they said we can't call until June 8th for the dining reservations? UGH!!!