PDA

View Full Version : Ride Wait Time Phone AP?

KAT1811
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I have a Blackberry with Verizon Wiresless and was wondering if the wait time application is avaliable for my phone, is it a paid service of free, how accurate is it, and where do I get it if I can?

Sorry so many questions, I think this is a great idea and will certainly save us times so we don't have to keep checking on wait times. We can make a plan for the next attraction while we are waiting in line for the current one.

What attractions are included on the application?

:thanks:

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
06-02-2010, 11:11 AM
The last time I checked there wasn't one for Blackberry. But new apps appear all the time.

crltkcagle
06-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Ok we just got back two days ago and used the apps for the iphone. The one named WDW wait times is dead on accurate. If it was ever off it was no more than 5 minutes off. We also used the one called WDW Lines and did not find it to be accurate at all. In my opnion I woud get the first one and use it.

GoBlueLacheta
06-05-2010, 08:10 PM
WDW Wait Times seems to be the most accurate, also the WDW dining app is pretty neat, it has all of the full menus and prices right at your fingertips while youre at the parks, plus if you just have an Itouch you do not need to be connected to the internet or 3g to access the information ( you do for the wait times).

With anything, this is user generated information, so it is only as accurate as the individuals reporting the wait times.

ljgirl
06-06-2010, 04:12 PM
We were there in March and used the Verizon DIsney Mobile Magic. I have an LG Dare phone. It was FABULOUS! The wait times and FP times were exact! It saved us a bunch of time walking back and forth! I would recomend to anyone who can get it!!!

brownie
06-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Verizon has the Mobile Magic app. According to the Disney Parks blog, you can download it for $9.99 for 180 days. They have a list of phones it works on, but I didn't see any Blackberry's listed. The post was posted last November, so the list may have grown to include Blackberry's since then.

finaldynasty
06-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I just purchased an iphone (or my job did), and I will give ya'll an update on how the apps work for me when I am in WDW from 6/22-6/27.

c&d
06-09-2010, 10:09 AM
We used WDW Lines and it worked really well for us.

I have a Droid and the Mobile Magic app from Verizon wasn't available. I also thought paying money and not having a full year's use was a little outrageous. There are times when we go more than once in a year.

disneyorvegas
06-09-2010, 01:10 PM
okay, this may be off the mark, but I have the Undercover Tourist app for iPhone on my iPod Touch and it gives wait times (I often check it at home just because I'm nuts!). Anyway, that app was very reasonable, but is that what people are talking about? Is anyone familiar with it or do you have to download something special when you're at WDW?

Gibbs
06-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I have a Sprint Blackberry and my DH has the Verizon Dare LG. I used the m.disney.go.com web site on my Blackberry and compared it to the Verizon app. It was very close. There were a few function I didn't have that she did, but nothing to be too concerned about. The improtant stuff like wait times and resturant info were all there, and I didn't have to pay the 9.99 for the app. I actualy still look at it from time to time just for fun.:thumbsup: