PDA

View Full Version : Trip Insurance

Guya103
06-01-2010, 04:28 PM
We have booked our annual trip and will be going to the World at the end of August/beginning of September. I just read that this year is expected to be a very active season for hurricanes!! How much is trip insurance? We will be staying for 10 nights (2 rooms) and have 10 day passes for six people. Thanks!!:mickey:

Strmchsr
06-01-2010, 05:07 PM
The amount depends on who you booked through and the total price of your vacation. You'll need to check with Disney (if you booked through them) or your TA to find out the amount. Don't get too excited about that forecast. Even if it is an active year the chance of your trip being interrupted is not huge, but trip insurance provides extra ease of mind.

gerald72
06-01-2010, 06:41 PM
If you booked through Disney, they already tacked on trip insurance.
I always cancel the insurance and save a couple hundred bucks. No one has ever given me a good answer to what it gives you.

faline
06-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Have you booked a package or room only? My understanding is Disney adds the trip insurance (unless you opt out) onto packages but not onto room only reservations.

I've only opted to get trip insurance a few times - generally when I've booked a package (which is not often).

Donald's Girl
06-01-2010, 09:02 PM
We have never had Disney automatically put trip insurance on our packages. We have just recently began taking it since, with elderly parents, we don't want to worry if we have to leave suddenly.

For the 2 of us it's around $137. Think that is definitely worth it for peace of mind. (As well as in case we lose our luggage, camera, etc.)

Guya103
06-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks! We booked through Disney and opted not to purchase the insurance. Guess I will check into it and find out the price. :mickey:

Fastpasssteve
06-04-2010, 03:48 AM
I've been thinking about this very same thing...but for other reasons. What if one of us gets sick before our October trip or someone in the family gets in an accident and is in the hospital. I don't want to be morbid or anything, but if the insurance isn't too expensive, it might be worth it for me.

Well, that's all from the Fearmonger's Shop for now...signing off.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-05-2010, 06:33 PM
We've booked trip insurance for non-Disney trips but not through Disney. There are websites you can google and will give you multiple companies to choose from. It's usually based on the actual cost of the trip.