PDA

View Full Version : Bugs Life

crltkcagle
06-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Just got back and was really disappointed with the Bugs Life 3D movie. Hopper was broken. So broken that when it was his part all you saw was a light shining on an empty stage. :( I don't remember reading anything on here about him being broken. I wonder how long its been like this. It really takes away from the show.

#1donaldfan
06-01-2010, 12:13 PM
....darn....we have 1st time visitors comming with us this year and they're looking forward to that show.....hopefully it was a one day, one time glitch.....???:thumbsup:

faline
06-01-2010, 12:28 PM
He was not working when we were thre last month.

DizneyRox
06-01-2010, 01:31 PM
First the Yeti and now Hopper! Say it ain't so! I thought Hiopper was one of the most complex animatronic ever created, you would think they would know that he would need to be maintained. Hopefully they are getting him ready for the summer slam of visitors, etc.

Can't imagine seeing the show without the main character working. That's like Stitches Great Escape without Stitch!

Superzeus84
06-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Hopper was working when we went in february, i wonder what happened, thats kind of suprising that it has been down for a month.....must be a complex fix!

Fastpasssteve
06-02-2010, 12:05 AM
He was also working at the end of February/beginning of March. I hope it is fixed soon.

grumpyguy
06-02-2010, 07:10 AM
that stinks!!! i do enjoy that show so much...
hopper is an intricate part of the story!!
c'mon folks let's keep walt's place in repair.
i'll be there in sept and be closely inspecting:thumbsup:

brownie
06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Sounds like Hopper is now a Stopper!

I thought they put him through "calisthenics" every night according to some of the Travel Channel specials.

faline
06-02-2010, 12:17 PM
I thought they put him through "calisthenics" every night according to some of the Travel Channel specials.

Maybe he pulled a muscle and needed to be placed on the disabled list!

Tinkerfreak
06-02-2010, 08:41 PM
He was working the first week of May when DH and I were there.

KatrinaJ91
06-02-2010, 08:52 PM
If a main component of an attraction is not working like that, the attraction should be shut down until it is fixed. Having something like that just takes away from the magic....especially for the little ones. I know the Yeti hasn't worked, but at least it is still there and is a small component in a large ride.

MizMissy
06-03-2010, 10:16 AM
I knew something was missing!! We were in AK on May 25th. I thought Hopper was supposed to be in the spotlight, but it has been a few years, so I just assumed something had changed. It was strange that they put the spotlight on the spot and you still heard his voice, but no big Hopper.

i'm grumpy
06-03-2010, 10:39 AM
First trip to AK in 5 years last month but I think it was working ok. :confused:

GoBlueLacheta
06-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Would fit in with Mordici from Lester's Possum Pals in "A Goofy Movie."