PDA

View Full Version : Main St. Electrical Parade

stephntampa
06-01-2010, 07:04 AM
We are taking our DS6 to MK on June 9th (his last day of school!) to take advantage of the last couple of days before our season passes expire, and our only chance to see MSEP. My questions are this: park closes at 11:00 that evening. Will the parade be at 9:00 or 10:00? I will likely stake out a place for the 3 of us to sit at least 1 hour prior to the parade. Would it be rude of us if I stay behind while my hubby takes my son on a ride while I wait? I am super excited for my son to see a parade I enjoyed many times in my childhood!!:D

PopPhan
06-01-2010, 07:41 AM
From the WDW Online site:

Wednesday, June 9
9:00 AM Park Opens
10:00 AM Judge's Tent (Entertainment)
10:20 AM Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen Character Greetings (Entertainment)
10:35 AM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
11:40 AM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
12:00 PM Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen Character Greetings (Entertainment)
1:00 PM Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen Character Greetings (Entertainment)
1:15 PM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
2:00 PM Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen Character Greetings (Entertainment)
2:15 PM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
3:00 PM Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade (Entertainment)
3:45 PM Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen Character Greetings (Entertainment)
4:15 PM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
4:45 PM Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen Character Greetings (Entertainment)
5:15 PM Dream-Along With Mickey (Entertainment)
9:00 PM Main Street Electrical Parade (Entertainment)
10:00 PM Summer Nightastic! Fireworks Spectacular (Entertainment)
10:00 PM Park Closes

Darbylew
06-01-2010, 08:09 AM
I would love to see the Main Street Parade. I
loved it as a child. I wish they would bring it
back more often. I also miss the parade at
Epcot. Loved the music. Wish they would bring
it back. :confused:
FIRST TRIP 1992
LAST TRIP MAY 2010 :thumbsup:
NEXT TRIP OCT 2010 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN :mickey:

elmjimmlm
06-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Would it be rude of us if I stay behind while my hubby takes my son on a ride while I wait? I am super excited for my son to see a parade I enjoyed many times in my childhood!!:D

I wouldn't think so but it seems like people are getting a lot more agressive for seating at parades... I hope if you do that nobody gives you a hard time... I have been told by several people on several occasions that I couldn't save space even when my kids we standing right in front of me... Parades for some reason make people nuts for a seat...

Daisy'sMom
06-02-2010, 11:06 AM
We are going over this weekend for the passholder advance parade and fireworks showing. At first I was concerned because I did not want to be driving on the windy country roads late at night coming home, but DH just surprised me. He sent me a text message saying to pack an overnight bag, we are spending the night at Disney! Love that DH!
Can't wait to see the Electric Parade. It has always been special to DH and I. Long story but very sentimental for us.:mickey:

stephntampa
06-03-2010, 07:20 AM
We are going over this weekend for the passholder advance parade and fireworks showing. At first I was concerned because I did not want to be driving on the windy country roads late at night coming home, but DH just surprised me. He sent me a text message saying to pack an overnight bag, we are spending the night at Disney! Love that DH!
Can't wait to see the Electric Parade. It has always been special to DH and I. Long story but very sentimental for us.:mickey:

We are staying overnight at a hotel near Downtown Disney.. bid on a room with an online travel service and got a $39 room! WooHoo, can't wait! Have fun!!!