PDA

View Full Version : Back from Beach Club!!!!!

Disney OB RN
05-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Had a wonderful stay at the Beach Club, our first there....just a short walk to Epcot, room was so spacious for our 3 kids. Slide was functioning, & the pool was awesome. It was our 20 year anniversary, & we got lots of attention with our Happy Anniversary buttons, and our Disney volunteer buttons. The fast pass option was a lifesaver with the Memorial Day weekend approaching. If anyone was at the 3PM Magic Kingdom parade on May 25th, my family was chosen to be Grand Marshall family in the second vehicle (with the covered roof, which was great due to the HEAT!!!) We were at Guest Relations redeeming our FP options for the day when a cast member began chatting with us about our Volunteer Day, etc. & asked if we would like to be one of the two families in the parade!!!! I am still excited!!! It was the neatest experience I've ever had at Disney:mickey:
Best new dining experience: Rose & Crown....LOVED everything I tried!!
Best tried & true dining: Morocco!!!
Best waiter/waitress experience: Whispering Canyon Cafe...tried to get my hubby to sing something to me for anniversary in front of the whole restaurant!!! (He faked laryngitis):ill:
Room for improvement item: Bus Service at BC....the longest waits EVER, worse than value or moderate stays. Maybe it was a bad week...
Cutest BC detail: My 10 year old loved the baby ducks that were outside our balcony window every morning. Lots of rabbits, too. That's what she focused on, besides the pool, of course.
Beach Club hits/misses from Mom/Dad: Hits: Loved the comfy queen beds, loved the balcony, roominess, rose upon check in, convenience to Epcot. Misses: the walls were not very soundproof at all, heard all too clearly what was going on in the adjoining room....bus service slow.
We packed lots of breakfast food b/c of reports of counter service lacking for breakfast. Coffee avail. downstairs at 6:30, no problem there.
Crowd levels were worst at HS on Thursday night. Tower of Terror was not running:( The rainstorms flooded Epcot on Saturday, so the holiday weekend crowds did not seem like a holiday at all!!! Overall, crowds very managable, especially with FP Volunteer passes we had all 5 days (one for each of us!!!:party:)
Cannot wait to go back, as always. :mickey:

faline
05-31-2010, 07:03 PM
It's so exciting you were selected as Parade Marshalls! What a wonderful experience! Sounds like it was a great trip!

Joannelet
05-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! :)

RedSoxFan
05-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Sounds like you had fun. How cool to be picked to be in the parade. Awesome!!:mickey:

KylesMom
06-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Happy 20th Anniversary! What a wonderful trip. I can only imagine how exciting it was to be chosen as Grand Marshals for the parade!!!

Sounds like your experience at BC was a bit of a mixed bag, though. However, it certainly sounds like the trip overall was a great success! Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

afowl1017
06-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the report....That is so neat that you and your family got to be in the parade! How exciting! :cloud9:

Disney OB RN
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM
We had a 40% off PIN code for the Beach Club, so it was still worth it, and even if it was a one time only stay, I wouldn't change it!:mickey: My kids did miss POR Alligator Bayou !!! I do like to try new resorts, though, so when I got the code, I booked BC...until the next pin code!!! If not, then we will try 2 rooms at POP or try to squeeze in again at POR:party:

BluewaterBrad
06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the report!!:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
06-02-2010, 09:00 PM
The bus service was the one thing we hated when we stayed at the BC a few years ago. We hated stopping at so many resorts and we were always the last stop.

pdrlkr
06-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: