PDA

View Full Version : Walkways

DizneyFreak2002
05-31-2010, 03:35 PM
I know there is a walkway from the Contemporary to Magic Kingdom, but is there also a walkway from the Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom??? My friend says there is, I say there isn't...

artyboy
05-31-2010, 03:40 PM
Nope...you're right...there isn't.

Polynesian Dweller
05-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Nope. There is a walkway as far as the waterway that acts as the entrance to the lagoon for the nightly Electric Water Parade. And there is no bridge across unfortunately.

DizneyRox
05-31-2010, 05:01 PM
I think it was the biggest Opps when they realized they couldn't cross the waterway between MK and GF withg the Walk Around The World brick program. Actually, probably more that they didn't want to build a drawbridge.

That waterway is not only used for the Electric Water Pageant, but also it's how the Liberty Belle gets over to the docks in back of the Contemporary. It would have had to be a pretty high bridge or a draw bridge.

DizneyFreak2002
06-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Didn't think so.... Thank you for confirming I officially know more about WDW than my friend LOL...

diz_girl
06-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I could swear that during our 2005 trip there was a small sign after you exited the magic kingdom that read "Walkway to Grand Floridian." You basically turned right onto the walking path after you walked under the monorail and past the boat launches and the little sign was there. We followed the walkway and it ended at the lagoon used for the EWP. We thought it odd that they had a sign for a walkway to the GF when the walkway didn't actually get you there.