PDA

View Full Version : Child turning 10 during trip-Adult or child at buffets?

magicjasb
05-31-2010, 05:15 AM
We are going to be at Disney for my daughter's 10th birthday. I have already asked and found out that she will be on the child's ticket all week. My question is though, is she considered a child or adult for meals? I want to book a dinner show and don't know if I need to list her as 9 or 10. It would be for the Spirit of Aloha that needs to be paid for when we book. :mickey:

Zawadi
05-31-2010, 06:59 AM
Will she be 9 or 10 at the time of the meal?

Go with your conscience!

magicjasb
05-31-2010, 07:30 AM
I want to do the right thing that's why I was asking. On the Dining Plan she would be 9 all week, even after she turns 10. She turns 10 half way through our trip and I know that her park pass stays as a child for the whole trip.

Strmchsr
05-31-2010, 07:55 AM
If you're on the DDP then she'll be the same all week. If you're starting as a child, then she'll be a child all week on the DDP. It's like the park tickets and doesn't change mid-vacation. For a dinner show or something not on the DDP, though, I would say you need to book whichever age she is on the actual day of the show.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-31-2010, 08:49 AM
We had that same issue during our trip a couple of years ago.

DD turned 10 part-way through the trip, and as you have found out, she was a "child" for the tickets and the dining plan for the whole trip.

However, we booked HDD seperately, as well as Pirate and Princess tickets, and for both of those she was considered an "adult" by Disney, since they weren't part of the package and her birthday had passed.

If you are using DDP credits for the show, then she is a "child". If not, she is the age she is on the day of the show.

magicjasb
05-31-2010, 10:10 AM
Thank you!