PDA

View Full Version : We went again in May and it was DRY trip report day 2

luvDaMouse
05-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Cast me Dana & Dh Tom
Sunday 5-23
Slept in this morning till about 9am or so. The time we are spending at the poly (we will be checking out on Monday) is about relaxing and spending more time in the resort. We have been very busy at work and were really looking forward to just having down time. Well the Poly is exactly what I was looking for and I am so glad, it has exceeded my expectations and we will definitely be back:D. We are DVC members and we will obviously be using points to stay at vacation club resorts but when the 40% discount came out I jumped at the chance to add just a few days to the beginning of our trip to stay at the Poly. I hope that we can do it again in the future. Lisa (aka mousekateer mom) if you are reading this I can see why you love this resort so much!!! Anyhoo…. On to day 2, we did almost exactly the same as day 1. We started out having breakfast in Capt Kooks, I had tonga toast and dh had Cereal. We headed back to the beach and the pool for some more sun. I had finished my book the day before and picked up a magazine to read my dh had his Ipod so head popped in his earphones and we just hung out there for a couple of hours. I did say it was hot yesterday well it was hot again today, I am not complaining we were happy it was hot and sunny (having left 60 degree days at home) we were thrilled at the weather for the week. Considering the monsoons we had last May when we were here! We took a break in the day and rented water mice and toured Bay lake. We went over to the Wilderness lodge, the old river country, past the contemporary, GF and Mk it was fun I am not that into boats kinda a whimp I don’t like it when it rocks back and forth so I stayed behind my dh in between his wake. We were out alittle less than an hour with our DVC discount it cost about 60$ for both of us. I had made a 4pm ADR at the Plaza but we decided to cancel that and just go back to our room and relax a bit before heading out to the MK for the night. We ended up getting to MK at about 6pm or so and realized we were hungry so we went to Pinocchios village house and had pizza. The park was so busy the wait times were long. We used my dh’s Iphone to check wait times (which we did quite a few times during our trip) We did some rides and did some shopping . I picked up graduation ears for my DD who is graduating High school in June. We watched Spectro again and Wishes. My dh had got a new camera and he wanted to take a lot of pictures on this trip one of which was nighttime pictures and fireworks He set up his tripod in the center of Main street to take pictures of Wishes. I hope we get some good ones. We stayed until about Midnight. We were sitting up on the train station watching people leaving and it just never emptied I could not believe it I had no idea where they were all coming from. We were just too tired to stay I always try to stay till the end but I just ran out of steam:blush: Maybe one day…. Back on the monorail to the Poly and headed to our room and to bed.
Up tomorrow we have to check out say goodbye to the Poly and hello to Boardwalk.

faline
05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
Another nice, relaxed day! Sounds wonderful!

KylesMom
06-01-2010, 09:58 AM
The Poly sure does sound like heaven! I'm so happy to hear that the weather cooperated for you this time around so that you were able to really enjoy the resort. I'm sorry that the crowds were overwhelming at MK, though!

mouseketeer mom
06-02-2010, 08:24 AM
I am reading this Dana, and I knew you would love the Poly as much as I do.
Any day that starts with Tonga toast is a good one. I like how you guys planned down time at the Polynesian. That is the place to do it. It's as wonderful as the parks, isn't it?
You didn't miss anything by cancelling the Plaza. Its ok, but Poly time is much better!

disneykid@hrt
06-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a great relaxing vacation so far. I might have to try it that way one of these times. :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
06-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

yjgirl32
06-08-2010, 09:11 AM
That is such a great idea to spend a couple days before the trip to relax. I would love to stay at the Poly- but couldn't afford it the entire stay. Might try that on our next trip. Thanks for the idea.

princessgirls
06-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Sounds heavenly! Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
06-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Sounds like the two of you have started this trip off perfectly, with plenty of relaxation. Thanks for sharing your day with us.

DizNee143
06-10-2010, 11:22 AM
ah..day 2 sounds just as nice as day 1!!!
sounds like another wonderful day! :mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-20-2010, 07:50 PM
What a relaxing few days you have had. What a great way to unwind.

Thanks for sharing!