PDA

View Full Version : 3 different resorts in one trip

Katzateer
05-30-2010, 06:10 PM
I have 2 nights booked at Coronado, 3 nights at Riverside and 1 night at Pop.

We have to stay at Riverside during the dance practices (my daughter is going to be in the televised Christmas morning parade). I got 2 nights at a discount, and the other is just cheaper than the rates I could get at Riverside.

Hope transferring the luggage isn't a pain. Anyone ever tryed changing resorts on a trip?

faline
05-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Well, we've stayed at two resorts on one trip but never three. If you have a car, that would be easiest way to get from one resort to the other.

Otherwise, you'll need to call bell services and have them pick up your luggage. Disney will transfer your baggage from one resort to the next but you may not have your baggage until later in the afternoon even if your next roonm is available earlier in the day.

Additionally, if your room isn't ready right away, you may not be able to get into your room until mid-afternoon each time you switch.

On the occasions we've switched, we've either taken a taxi along with our luggage to the next location or, as happened in our most recent trip, we had a car and just brought our luggage along with us.

Katzateer
05-30-2010, 09:05 PM
We won't have a car but will probably have to take a taxi to get from Coronado to Riverside - our daughter has to be at Riverside at 8:30 in the morning to take a bus to MK for the first practice for the parade. All the dancers ride on a special bus together for all the practices/performances.

Our last day it won't matter as much when we get our belongings/room. But doing this saved us over $100 for the three nights rather than staying at Riverside the entire time.

And I like to check out different resorts-we have never stayed at Coronado.

faline
05-30-2010, 09:07 PM
If your room is not ready at Riverside, just have your luggage stored until it is. Cabs are readily available at each resort. Just ask the bell services desk to flag one for you.

Coronado Springs is a very nice resort. We prefer the Casitas section which is closet to El Centro - the main building.

c&d
06-01-2010, 10:03 AM
We changed 3 times in a stay. Started at POR for 2 nights, then went to the VWL for 5 and then to CSR for 2. No problem moving.

The hardest part was the first 2 night stay we didn't unpack because of the short stay so we spent lots of time searching thru suitcases for stuff.

KAT1811
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Last year we did 3 resorts and 3 moves in one trip (one move was within the same resort). We never had a problem at all.

My advice is to take a taxi to move you and your luggage. Much easier and you and the luggage travel together and arrive at the same time.

We spent one night at Pop Century, then moved over to a studio for one week at Old Key West, then moved into a 2BR in Old Key West for a week, and then over to Port Orleans Riverside for the last two nights.

It wasn't a big deal and we still had a great trip.

This year we are doing two resorts. 5 nights at Poly and then 11 nights at OKW in a 2BR. I'm okay with the moving part. I think I have it down to a science now! Lol!

Have a fabulous trip!!!