PDA

View Full Version : Help for July 4th

Grammie Bear
05-30-2010, 03:30 PM
We are going to be in Florida July 4th and would like to go to Disney for fireworks. Have been to DW many times but never on the 4th. Which park do you suggest for July 4th show ? Also what other suggestions would you make?

faline
05-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Are you staying on-site or off? The Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Disney Studios all offer fireworks celebrations so just pick your favorite park. The key to this day will be to arrive at your chosen park as early as possible in the day and plan to stay in the park for the duration. It is highly likely that each of these parks will reach capacity crowds and will close to additional incoming guests.

DizneyRox
05-30-2010, 06:02 PM
The parks may reach capacity, however if it's anything like the last couple of years, you'll be fine. I don't believe even MK hit last year, and Epcot hasn't hit the past two.

Everything I'm reading is saying bookings are down again this year...

I always recommend Epcot on a holiday. It holds crowds better than any other park.

crazypoohbear
05-31-2010, 09:09 PM
We were at MK on the 4th several years ago.
NEVER again!!!!!!!!!
IT was hot hot hot, over crowded, people were nasty, mean and rude. Everyone was over tired sweaty and miserable walking out at 1am.
Some "lady" punched my 9 year old in the face!!!! I'm still mad about it!
Which ever park you choose, please drink 3 times more water than you think you need.
use 3 times the amount of sun screen you think you need and be prepared for people to walk right up and push you out of the way regardless of how long or how close you think you are for the fireworks.
NEVER again for me!! If I am there again, I will watch from my resort in the safe distance!

Scott C
06-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I went to MK last July 4th -- yes it did get crazy, but the fireworks made it all worth it. It was our day of arrival -- the only thing that I cared about was getting in to the mk. We checked in to POFQ about 3 and mad it to MK about 4:30. Surprisingly, we wnt on about 70% of the attractions that day also. We did make the mistake of not going to Main Street early enough and they had closed it off. Our vantage point turned out to be in Liberty square near Hall of Presidents -- very crowded but we had a nice view.

It will help if you go into this adventure with a relaxed attitude.

Thanks
Scott C

Rosemickey68
06-02-2010, 10:49 PM
We went last year to WDW during the 4th of July. Yes, it was hot, just make sure and drink plenty of water and try to do the inside rides as much as possible during the heat of the day.

We chose EPCOT as our park for the 4th and it was great! Everyone seemed to be in good spirits despite the heat. The fireworks were awesome!

The parks reach capacity so as another poster said, chose your park for the 4th and plan to stay, if you leave you may not get back in.

The MK is the most crowded on the 4th, they said it was shoulder to shoulder. We went to MK on July 3rd and the crowd was tolerable until a couple of hours before the fireworks. They show either the same or similar firework show as they do on the 4th. It was so crowded you could not move. So if you chose MK just be prepared for a crowd.

It was still alot of fun! Both firework shows are a "can't miss!":mickey:
Hope you have a great time!

LudwigVonDrake
06-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Good luck with the crowds :wave:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-05-2010, 06:36 PM
We'be been at MK for July 4th and I think I'd rather be at Epcot instead. As someone else said, it seems to handle the crowds better. Trying to get out of MK at the end of the night was a nightmare! We usually stay at the S&D so it would have been easier to walk out the backway to our resort.

mickeytravel
06-07-2010, 10:14 AM
The parks are soo crazy that day. We are actually going for the week but leaving july 3rd so we dont have to run into that again. My suggestion is to eat dinner at the Grand Floridian or Polynesion and then watch the fireworks from the bay area. Less crowded and you see the same view as if you were in Magic Kingdom.

Scott C
06-07-2010, 12:48 PM
I still vote for seeing the fireworks in the MK -- I mean it is crazy to go to Times Square for New years also -- but it looks like fun. It is all about your attitude.

Thanks
Scott C