PDA

View Full Version : Itchy Time at Port Orleans French Quarter

DisneyEpcotDad
05-30-2010, 10:03 AM
DED visited DW from 18-23 May for another Party of One relaxation trip. Arrival and DME trip was smooth and check in was around 10 a.m. I took a Disney bus over to HS to break in my annual pass. Toy Story was already out of Fast Passes, so I walked over to Indiana Jones Stunt Show where crowd was just filing in for first show. I got a seat low and in the middle of the theater. I did a quick walk through of HS and walked over to the Beach Club Resort for a burger and shake. It was a tad warm the first day, so I took a break and later came back to Epcot for the fireworks show. The opening fire display wasn't used which surprised me.

Highlights of trip were visits to Boma for breakfast and dinner. I took time out from the heat to see several movies over at Pleasure Island and some of the best movie high back seats I've ever experienced.

Pool time from the warm weather (high 80s), and walking around Polynesian, and Grand Floridian were also relaxing highlight moments. I closed out the week with a massage and facial at the spa at Saratoga Springs.

Only down part of trip was the itchy sheets in my French Quarter room. I'll write later to the resort, but something wasn't correct. Room 1233. Housekeeping also didn't honor my request to not want to re use a towel. The housekeeper hung it back on the towel rack even though I had put it on the floor. Based on that experience I will try to avoid staying at FQ in future visits, although it offers a nice jogging path for me.

This was just a relaxing trip for me as I only did 3 attractions in my 5 days at DW!!

:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-30-2010, 02:24 PM
It does sound like the trip was relaxing.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems at FQ, I wonder why the wouldn't replace the towels? :confused:

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-30-2010, 02:57 PM
How could you tell they didn't replace the towls? Not trying to sound rude, just wondering if there's a way to tell for sure. I never really paid attention that much. :blush:

Thanks!

DisneyEpcotDad
05-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Oh! The towel was noticeably dirty from the prior days use. Only a person who could not see would have missed it.

Melanie
05-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Only down part of trip was the itchy sheets in my French Quarter room. I'll write later to the resort, but something wasn't correct. Room 1233.

Not that I'm glad you had a bad experience, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. I stayed there back in November, and my elbows were bleeding from the scratchy (aka cheap) sheets. I've never had that issue at any other Disney hotel. Combine that with some other factors I just don't like about FQ, and I don't think I'll be staying there again, at least not anytime soon.

faline
05-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Wow! We spent one night at French Quarter recently and didn't notice any issue with the sheets. I wonder if they use something in their laundry that some folks might be allergic to?

Overall, though, sounds like it was a nice trip! Thanks for sharing!

KylesMom
06-01-2010, 10:12 AM
With the exception of the resort issues, it sounds like you had a very nice, relaxing time breaking in your new A/P.
I only did 3 attractions in my 5 days at DW!!
That's gotta be some kind of record! :D

The towel issue is not cool, though. We make sure that we throw all of them in the tub when we're done as a sign that we do not want to reuse, and we've never had an issue with Mousekeeping trying to force our hand with the reuse of them. :(

Thanks for sharing your overall experience with us! :mickey:

princessgirls
06-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Sounds AWESOME!!

Thanks for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: