PDA

View Full Version : which resort

captigger
05-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Which hotel would you recommend for 4 women traveling alone?
Well 2 women and 2 teen girls.
Money is an object!
and why would you chose a particular hotel.
the teens will be sleeping in sleeping bags because we could not afford 2 rooms.
thank you for all your help.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-29-2010, 10:28 PM
It sounds like you're looking for a value resort, which are the cheapest on Disney property. For those, POP tend s to be a favourite, since it is the newest of the value resorts and it doesn't share busses with any other resort.

However, it is going to be quite crowded, as the value rooms are quite small. If you can afford it, a moderate (Coronado Springs has queen size beds, which might mean less sleeping on the floor) and just generally more room, especially for a couple of air matresses.

If I had my way, I would choose POFQ, which even though it only has double beds, it would be more room that POP, and the small, compact size of the resort is awesome, and means no long walks to rooms or to the main building.

Fastpasssteve
05-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Four women sharing one bathroom? Let the fighting begin. There are two things that enter my mind. Comfort AND Sanity.

I would strongly consider contacting Magical Journies to try to get the best deal possible. I would make every effort to stay at one of the Moderate Resorts. It may mean the difference between a great, care-free holiday together AND a death in the family.

Two things to weigh with the Moderates. Coronado Springs has recently (2009) been renovated so that all rooms either have one King-sized bed OR two Queen-sized beds. That alone could make life better. However, Coronado Springs offers only one sink and mirror. (Trouble!)

However, the three other Moderate Resorts (Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, and the Carribean Beach Resort all have two Double-Beds, but has a double-wide counter with two sinks and double-wide mirrors. That might make morning preparations go SO much faster.

Another thing to consider is the size of the room: The Economy rooms are 260 square feet.
The Moderate rooms are 314 square feet.

KAT1811
05-30-2010, 10:55 AM
I would recommed All Star Movies for a value resort. it is our favorite value. We were not all that happy with Pop although there isn''t any one thing i can put my finger on as to why. I guess we just find the ASMo easier to navigate. ASMu is nice ans we enjoy it but with the addition of the suites and the movie nights by the pool I think it is a bit busier than ASMo. Just my :twocents:

You could always try one of the ASMu family suites and then the girls woudn't have to sleep on the floor. Carpet covered cement doesn't sound like it will be too comfortable.

If you can swing a moderate I highly recommend Coronado Springs. As a pp said there are queen beds and they just added pocket doors that close so that someone can close the doors and get ready while someone else sleeps. And with the added bed size maybe the girls wouldn't have to sleep on the floor.

LudwigVonDrake
05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
Pop Century :wave:

5MemphisTiggers
06-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Don't know how much of a factor the budget is, but it does sound like you may be better served by the value resorts. Pop gets a lot of support here.

My family of 5 has enjoyed the AS Music resort each time we have gone. The family suite is nice -- separate bedroom for mom and dad, with the kids sleeping on a pull out sofa and/or chair (converts into a twin-sized bed). 2 bathrooms/sinks are very helpful.

We've found it chearper, though, to rent two adjoining rooms at the value resorts. 2 bathrooms/sinks, and four double beds so everyone in your party gets their own sleeping space. Check the prices (or call Magical Journeys), as this may be comparable to a single room at a moderate resort.

If you can make due sharing a single bathroom/sink among the four of you, and don't mind sharing beds, a single room at a value resort would be the most afordable. Sleeping bags on the floor in one of those rooms, however, would be awfully tight.

Good luck with your choice.