PDA

View Full Version : summer months

happy day
05-29-2010, 07:33 PM
Are crowds, weather and fun all the same for the whole summer? June-August.
Or, are there better times of the summer to visit disney. The crowd calendar makes it look like it is about the same.

faline
05-29-2010, 07:52 PM
June through August is typically very hot and humid. You can expect daily thunderstorms some of which can be violent though generally last only a short period of time. As you get further into August, the changes of tropical storms and even hurricanes increases thought the chance that one would hit while you are there is still quite low.

Crowds begin to increase in late May/June as school systems let out. By July, you can expect fairly significant crowds. Crowds will remain high though mid-August when crowds begin to decrease as schools return to session. The end of August is often a nice time to visit as the crowds have decreased significantly.

Ed
05-29-2010, 07:54 PM
It's pretty much the same all summer - - pretty crowded, hot, humid, and frequent afternoon thunderstorms. The busiest time would be right around the 4th of July.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-29-2010, 08:02 PM
We've been a couple of times at the end of August, and although it is crazy hot and humid (especially for us Canadians), the crowds weren't too bad at all.

We'd go at that time again.

retiredfigment
05-29-2010, 08:51 PM
We used to go the second week of June, right after school was out. The heat and crowds varied, but were manageable. Once and only once we went in the middle of August. I never noticed the crowds, I was too miserably HOT:-o

Fastpasssteve
05-29-2010, 11:24 PM
I have gone to WDW in the heat of summer and during off-peak times. While I prefer off-peak times, there is a different kind of electricity during the summer. So many people gathered together in one place for the purpose of having fun and experiencing the magic. They all want it, and that many people carry a lot of fun energy. Just try to stay hydrated and take a break during the midday heat...perhaps a nap in the room or a dip at the resort pool.

Enjoy.

huslovesthemouse
05-30-2010, 06:19 AM
I've been in April, May, June and July and honestly, except for April, it is very hot and humid but as the others have said, it's also a lot of fun! I agree that you should leave the parks mid-afternoon to swim and/or nap and then return in the early evening to finish up touring. Another thing, when you nap in the afternoons it seems like your vacation lasts longer - :mickey: