PDA

View Full Version : DS Got A Job

RedSoxFan
05-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Christopher (22) graduated two weeks ago from SI Newhouse/Syracuse University two weeks ago with a Broadcast Journalism major and a Marketing minor. His dream since he was in grade school has been to be an on-air reporter. Well, the day before he graduated, he got a call from the local NBC Syracuse station that they wanted him for Reporter/Producer. He said it was the best graduation present he could have asked for. And to start in the Syracuse market right out of college is not common. He will live at home for awhile and commute the hour back and forth to save some money. His girlfriend, Marjory, who is on the SU soccer team and will be a senior next year is so happy that he didn't have to move too far away for his first job. They seem to be very serious. He's being trained as a producer at the moment (he interned as a producer this past semester) and then will be doing on-air reporting with a chance to anchor too. We are so excited and proud of him and all his hard work paid off. Last weekend DH & I went up to Syracuse (he has another week on his apartment lease) and bought him suits, shirts, ties, and shoes. He'll be the best dressed news reporter in Syracuse.

faline
05-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Congrats to your son! It's nice when dreams come true! :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Congrats! What a great graduation present. :thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
05-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Wow how wonderful for him to get the job he has always wanted right out of college. Can't get much better than that. Good luck to him and it is nice to hear about his success, he must be a very impressive young man to get such an opportunity, you must be sooooo proud!!!

VWL Mom
05-30-2010, 04:08 PM
What a thrill that must be. Congratulations!

Dsnygirl
05-31-2010, 04:01 AM
Tracy, that is such great news -- a big :congrats: to your DS!! What station will he be at?? I'd love to listen in or watch him someday! (Is it radio or TV?) How excited he must be... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RedSoxFan
05-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Blythe: Chris is working at Channel 3. Soon he'll be an on-air reporter Wed--Fri and producing on the weekends. He wrote his first story yesterday for the website about Memorial Day. I can't wait to see him on TV. I was watching Channel 9; but have switched to Channel 3. The things we do for our kids. His name is Chris McGrath. His name is on the website; but no pic or bio yet.

Disney4us2
05-31-2010, 11:30 AM
:congrats: to you DS. How exciting for all of you:mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Traci, we'll be watching for him -- that's SO exciting!! :)