PDA

View Full Version : trip in july - ???

huslovesthemouse
05-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone, first time posting. My disney obsessed husband decided we needed another trip (it will be our 10th) prior to daughter's high school graduation in two years. Going down for 11 days (7/15 to 7/25) with DH, DD, and DDF who has never traveled out of MA. She's more excited than any of us. Staying at POFQ, eight day pass with hopper, planning one trip to water park. No meal plan, don't like to be tied to priority seating times. Have 3 meals planned however, lunch at Primetime 50's, Fantasmik package at Hollywood & Vine, dinner at Crystal Palace. Any other suggestions for two 16 year old girls? They want lots of pool time so we plan on EMH to all the parks, leave by noon time when we can, and return later in the evening for shows, etc. We love using the buses (not having to drive for a week+ is heaven) but since we are there longer than a week this time was wondering if we should rent a car? Also, do you think they will change the park hours before we arrive - 2 years ago the parks were open much later during this time period.

Daisy'sMom
05-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Welcome!
Instead of renting a car, why not enjoy the water parks? The girls will probably love spending a day or two at each water park and it will seem like a good idea for July.
Enjoy!:mickey:

faline
05-29-2010, 04:08 PM
A girls only tea at the Grand Floridian?
A pedicure or manicure at one of the spas?
Lots of shopping time!

Fastpasssteve
05-30-2010, 12:17 AM
I know several guys who like Afternoon Tea, as well.

They might enjoy the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian Resort. It features, Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh Bear, and Tigger. Loveable and huggable. Oh, this is also my favorite breakfast buffet in the entire WDW. Delicious! They will also make custom omlettes for you. Enjoy.

You should also plan some hardcore shopping at Downtown Disney along with a trip to the Ghirardelli Soda Shop for a sundae!

FYI - I've seen more cute guys at Typhoon Lagoon than at Blizzard Beach. I don't know why.

jarichonas
05-30-2010, 05:44 AM
nice info

huslovesthemouse
05-30-2010, 06:13 AM
thanks everyone for the ideas - the girls will love the info about the cute boys :mickey:

DizneyRox
05-30-2010, 07:35 AM
It's really very hot that time of year, you can't imagine compared to MA summers. I'd limit pool time in the afternoons unless you like looking like lobsters.

I'd look for an alternate to Hollywood and Vine if you can. I was very disappointed there, both the food and service were sub standard. If you're ok with counterservice meals, then you don't need to go nuts with reservations, however playing it by ear that time of year with table service severely limits your options.

#1donaldfan
05-30-2010, 08:27 AM
...if your looking for afternoon resort pool time, head on over to Riverside and use one of the shaded quiet pools....that way you won't get burnt to a crisp....

....if you've not tried Yak n Yeti at AK, you should.....it's become one of our "must do's"....

....we like the early magic hours, for us the park seems a bit less crowded, at least until around noon.....

faline
05-30-2010, 05:55 PM
I know several guys who like Afternoon Tea, as well.

That's very true. I just went for the first time a couple of weeks ago with my husband. We both enjoyed it.

grumpypima
06-03-2010, 01:56 AM
We love using the buses (not having to drive for a week+ is heaven) but since we are there longer than a week this time was wondering if we should rent a car?

We love to park the car and make full use of the buses, also!! In the past, we've stayed for longer than a week and not used our car...so I'd say use the $$ somewhere else.

faline
06-03-2010, 09:08 AM
We love using the buses (not having to drive for a week+ is heaven) but since we are there longer than a week this time was wondering if we should rent a car?

Given current car rental rates, I'd stick with the busses!