PDA

View Full Version : Best video camera for Disney.

cinderstitch84
05-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Hey guys!

Since I'm going to Disneyland in a few months for the 1st time I thought I would buy a video camera for the trip. This was what I was looking at.

Sony Bloggie
Kodak Zi6
Flip Video Ultra or Slide

What other people use on their trips? I need something small, rechargeable batteries, and can put a memory card into it.

Disney4us2
06-01-2010, 11:27 AM
I don't know which is the best. My next video camera will be the flip one. Still have to look and see which one. The camera I have now works fine although it is larger than the newer ones.

Have fun on your Disneyland trip:mickey:

DizneyRox
06-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Quality is not important?

Low light?

Zoom?

Image Stabilization?

Is editing the video a consideration?

I prefer tape, when it's full, I put in a new tape and back to filming again. I can't suggst any of type of cameras, just not my thing, however for many, they may just fit the bill.

I've got a couple year old HD Canon that I'm really hoping doesn't die on me. I don't like any of the current crop of camcorders...

plutosnana
06-02-2010, 08:54 AM
When I got my camera for the trip..i didn't go so well. 3 days from the trip, had a camera i wanted to sell. So I sold it and got a camera. I wanted ones that i could get for on the computer and to watch on TV. but...It was one made for youtube only! So I returned it. And I got a different one. But, it doesn't go on the computer! I still have it now. Soo. But I tried it on the computer, and it won't let me. Go for Kodak Zi6. Kodaks work great!

MidnTPK
06-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Don't forget to think about where and how you'll be using the camera. Seeing that you were recently married, little ones might be in your future....and the resulting little accidents And vacations in warm humid places (like Orlando) can be very damaging to cameras. Having ruined a taped based camcorder going in and out of air conditioned buildings (I later learned that condensation on the tape heads ruined my recordings and the camera) and having my then-infant daughter knock our nice Sony point and shoot still camera out of my wife's hand, I've added water and shockproof to my list of requirements.

In the camcorder space, there are several Sanyo models that are water proof, and I recently saw a very positive review of a new Kodak Flip-imitator model.

David Pouge, a New York Times personal technology columnist recently (April 21) reviewed several point and shoot cameras that do a good job of capturing video. He particularly liked the Panasonic Lumix TS2.

I have a Sanyo-Waterproof HD Camcorder (Sanyo VPC-CA9). It fits my requirements, but if the new Kodak Playsport had been out when I was in the market, I probably would have bought it.

dnickels
06-02-2010, 04:27 PM
One that doesn't work during any of the dark shows/rides. :thedolls:

Kidding aside, if you're going to video tape the rides try to look for one where you can turn the LCD screen off. Pirates of the Caribbean just isn't quite the same with a dozen blue screens pointing every which way as people try to 'capture the memories' in convenient playback form.

Tinkermom
06-04-2010, 10:44 AM
DH got me the Kodak Zi6 and I loved it so much I bought one for our children's ministry! It shoots in HD and takes amazing crisp, clear video outdoors and indoors with good light. In low light it is still really good but the image can get a bit grainy if you zoom out all the way.

The only thing to consider is the zoom. Don't get me wrong, it has a good zoom but I have found that I wished I had more on occasion.

I shot a video for our children's ministry and it is posted on our blog. This was shot in normal indoor light. PM me if you would like the link to see the quality.

I also like that the Kodak Zi6 is so easy to upload and share onto facebook. I am not super technical but am able to do this easily.

Hope this helped! :mickey:

TinksDH
06-07-2010, 08:59 AM
DH got me the Kodak Zi6 and I loved it so much I bought one for our children's ministry!

I believe he got you the Zi8, which is the newer and better-performing model... ;)