PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan or not

retiredfigment
05-28-2010, 07:55 PM
We are visiting DW from Oct. 15 -19 and plan to spend a lot of time at Epcot for the F&W Festival. Opinions please: Are most of the food tastings out of pocket, or can you use CS credits? Is it worth even getting the CS plan?

SBETigg
05-28-2010, 07:59 PM
The booths allow snack credits but not CS credits. It is a great use of snack credits, but if your main plan is to sample from the F & W for your meals, the dining plan is not your best bet. If you do a TS a day, though, on a regular basis, then maybe go with the DP.

Scar
05-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Not. I went to WDW last year during F&W for 3 days and spent all three afternoons/evenings in WS. I would have used all my snack credits in the first 45 mins if I had the DDP. I literally ate about 80% of my meals from the F&W kiosks and still didn't come close to trying everything. It was great. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
05-29-2010, 09:14 AM
If F&W is your goal, the DDP is not a good option.

When we've gone, the days at Epcot were packed with "snacking" through World Showcase and we didn't eat much else. Since you'll be paying OOP for most of the food there (I beleive you'll have 4 snack credits) you'll probably be using your other credits on things like Signature dining, etc. Those are not good values on the dining plan.

I'd pass on the DDP (I do everytime) for the F&W festival.

5MemphisTiggers
05-29-2010, 09:28 AM
First of all, I like the dining plan for the convenience. So my default position is to get the plan.

When DW and I went for the opening of F&W last year, we burned through our snack credits at the booths and LOVED it. We were talking just last night about how we enjoyed so much of the food (beef skewers with some sort of pesto from Argentina . . . de-licious :eat: ).

I've been considering the QS dining plan for the next time we go to F&W. While I really enjoy TS meals, my DW and I can have plenty to eat from the CS meals, and we then have 2 snack credits each to use at the booths. We won't go hungry, for sure! :D Plus, if you use up all of your snack credits, you can always simply pay for the rest of the samples.

If you end up using the QS meal plan, post a follow up message to let us know how it went.