PDA

View Full Version : Itchy for a Trip 5-23 to 5-28

Itchy
05-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh! Wow what a great trip. I will try to sum the whole 5 days at one shot.

Arrived on May 23rd after a 16 hr drive at POR, and was I pleasantly suprised. The resort was great. It was so quite you could hear yourself think and that is something. The food court was good and not really crowded like POP or the All Stars resorts. The mousekeeping was great.

On to the parks. We got there right at 9 am each day, most rides that early were either walk right in or around 30 min wait, except Toy Story and Soarin.

The weather was generally in the mid 80's and only a sprinkle of rain here and there.

The restaurants were very managable and food was good. Cali Grill, Ohana, Coral Reef, and Crystal Palace.

Well that enough for now. Will be back for round 2 the end of August. ( Itchy for a trip 2 )

disneykid@hrt
05-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Glad you had a great time. I was just saying how my Disney "itch" is back... Good thing you have a trip in the near future.

faline
05-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Glad it was a good trip! Any more details?

KylesMom
05-28-2010, 09:45 PM
I've recently mentioned how "hit or miss" the crowds have been lately. I'm glad you encountered the "miss" part! Great resort experience and great dining - sounds like an overall fabulous time! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
05-29-2010, 05:23 AM
Thanks for the report. Glad to read that your 'itch' was temporarily scratched! Low crowds and great weather....I'm feeling a bit 'itchy' now !

Itchy
05-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Now that I am home I can expand on some of the trip report.

The restaurants were very manageable and food was good. Cali Grill, Ohana, Coral Reef, and Crystal Palace.

I have been to all of the restaurants listed above except Ohana. My daughter was there this last December and raved about it. I myself feel that like most establishments it is a matter of taste.

I was not overly impressed with the quality of food at Ohana. I love oriental and polynesian food. I lived in Hawaii for 3 years and had some of the best.

The Coral Reef and Cali Grill were as in the past very good and I am going back on the next trip. The Crystal Palace other than maybe some new paint did not appear much different than other trips. The food was good but not out of the world. Character interaction was great with the grand daughter.

To add to the Resort report. I was glad that I finally got to try POR. It was so quite. The bus service was very good except a small problem at the main bus stop by the lobby. There are two bus stop pavilions, each handle two parks, but there is no way to tell which bus the others are waiting for as there are no specific cues to wait at like at the value resorts. We found that we were waiting in one line thinking it was for the park we wanted and visa versa. Catching a bus at the other stops was a lot easier. We did find that at the parks we waited sometime up to 40 min to get a bus back to the resort. That was a big let down, but we got thru it. It did not want us to find another resort.

As far as the food court goes I found that there was a larger selection of foods and snacks the values than at POR, but what we had was good.

Just cant wait until the next trip with a first timer. My girl friend is not really excited about the trip.

Hope you enjoyed the report.:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: