PDA

View Full Version : Resort room question for party of 5????

KAT1811
05-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I learned another valuable lesson. If you want a Disney related question answered come to Intercot not WDW Reservations! Sometimes it is SO frustrating calling in. Some CMs are fabulous and some are let's just say less stellar. Well on to my question. Sorry for the rant! Lol!

I am traveling to the World with my family in October. My mother, father, and I will be leaving 5 days earlier than my husband and our oldest daughter. We are thinking about trying one of the larger deluxes (we'll move into OKW when my DH and DD arrive). My question is which resorts have the day bed in them. I know that BW and BC list that some rooms have the daybed but we will need a daybed to accomodate all of us. I would be really upset if I arrived and the room was without. I would assume that WDW would place those parties that are larger in need of the daybed in the rooms that actually have one. When I spoke to WDW Reservations the CM i spoke to (not the brightest bulb to begin with) said that I could request a daybed but no quarantee. My worry is that we would check in and not have enough beds for everyone. What in heavens name would WDW do then? Help!!! :help: Please!!!

moe513
05-28-2010, 02:07 PM
We are a family of 5 and its not easy.
The YC,BC,BWI,POLY and CR all have daybeds
I would think GF too.
I think that if you are a party of 5 they know you need a room with a day bed and reserve you that type of room.
Good luck

SBETigg
05-28-2010, 02:08 PM
It's rare that you won't get a daybed at the Polynesian. I believe all of the regular rooms have them. At the Grand Floridian, you're most likely to have a daybed. The top floor dormer rooms don't have them, but if you request one I think you'll likely get it. They probably never commit to a guarantee over the phone, though. I think the Contemporary has them readily available in rooms as well.

BTM
05-28-2010, 02:34 PM
The standard Poly rooms have 2 queens and a sofa that pulls out.

bcornette
05-28-2010, 02:56 PM
how old is your daughter?
If she is 10 or under (I think), you could do POR.

javamama
05-28-2010, 03:07 PM
the rooms we were in at the CR had daybeds, and at the Poly our suite had a pullout bed that was a sofa

TammiMcMan
05-28-2010, 03:28 PM
My worry is that we would check in and not have enough beds for everyone. What in heavens name would WDW do then? Help!!! :help: Please!!!We had this happen at the YC and they simply brought in a rollaway. I asked if we could move to a room with a daybed as soon as one opened up and they had one available the very next day. Not a big deal and everyone had a bed.

KAT1811
05-28-2010, 04:38 PM
how old is your daughter?
If she is 10 or under (I think), you could do POR.

If we were to go moderate we would do two rooms. But thank you that would be an option.
:mickey::mickey:

We had this happen at the YC and they simply brought in a rollaway. I asked if we could move to a room with a daybed as soon as one opened up and they had one available the very next day. Not a big deal and everyone had a bed.

That's good to know. Did they charge you for the rollaway?

TammiMcMan
05-28-2010, 04:44 PM
That's good to know. Did they charge you for the rollaway?Oh no, definitely no charge to us.

BrerGnat
05-29-2010, 01:41 AM
I thought you would be staying at OKW once your DH and DD arrive. So, for those five days prior, aren't you only a party of three? And, wouldn't your mom and dad share a bed? I guess I'm wondering why there needs to be a daybed? Did I misunderstand?

Mickey91
05-29-2010, 11:31 AM
I think all the deluxe resorts except the WL and Ak are standard sleeping 5 guests. Certainly when they see you have five guests they would not put you in a room that sleeps four. I would think that would be against their fire code. And since they seem to harp on that the last few years...

We stayed at the Poly in 2003 and had a daybed with our party of five and the CR in 2008 with a daybed. I didn't even request it. I just booked a room for five.

Hope you have a magical trip!!

KAT1811
05-29-2010, 12:45 PM
I thought you would be staying at OKW once your DH and DD arrive. So, for those five days prior, aren't you only a party of three? And, wouldn't your mom and dad share a bed? I guess I'm wondering why there needs to be a daybed? Did I misunderstand?

I have 3 other children (5,3, and 1) that will be traveling with us early. DS1 will be in the pack-n-play and the rest of us will require the day bed. It didn't occur to me that I forgot to list them! Ooops!!!! :blush: :blush:

TammiMcMan
05-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Certainly when they see you have five guests they would not put you in a room that sleeps four. I would think that would be against their fire code. And since they seem to harp on that the last few years...There's no fire code issue if they have to put a rollaway in a deluxe resort room that has just the two queens (provided it's a deluxe that accommodates 5). I'm sure it doesn't happen all that often. We're a family of 5 and only had the one instance where a daybed room wasn't available when we checked in and they gave us a rollaway.

BrerGnat
05-29-2010, 04:18 PM
If you stick with the resorts that all have daybeds in the rooms, it shouldn't be an issue.

I think Poly and Contemporary are the only ones with daybeds "standard".

BC/YC for SURE has several rooms without daybeds. Same for BWI. GF, as mentioned, has no daybeds in the dormer rooms, but the majority of the resort rooms should have daybeds.

AKL and WL are the only ones with NO daybeds...

You are technically a party of six (counting the baby), so I would imagine that they would do everything possible to secure you a room with a daybed, regardless of where you book.