PDA

View Full Version : First time at the water parks - Which one?

pokeyw
05-28-2010, 01:02 PM
I need a little help. Family is going back to Disney :mickey: in August and part of the deal for hubby to let us go was to spend a day at one of the waterparks. We have never been and will be going with DS - 5 and DD - 8. Any suggestions as to which one to go to? Thanks!

PopPhan
05-28-2010, 01:09 PM
That is going to depend on what you like more - Big Waves vs. Smaller, rolling ones; Warmer Water (normal temps for WDW) vs. Cooler Water; Shark Tank to snorkel across or Not; Water Propelled Coaster vs. Toboggan Racers (slides); Humunga Kowabunga (tame) vs. Summit Plummit (extreme)

The first of each pair are Typhoon Lagoon, the second are Blizzard Beach.

My personal preference is TL, as I am not an 'extreme' person.

cajundisneyfreak
05-28-2010, 02:36 PM
My personal preference is Typhoon Lagoon.It's not as congested.Of course you could do like we did.Spend half a day at one then hop over to the other for the rest of the day.Best of both worlds.lol Then you could decide for yourself which one you prefer.Both places are great!!!! Hope you have a magical vacation !!!!! :mickey:

disneygal2010
05-28-2010, 03:37 PM
With children that young,i recommend typhoon.Blizzard Beach is more for the "teenage and up" set.Bigger,Faster rides with height restictions.Typhoon is more laid back,"child" friendly,overall,compared to blizzard.Plus,i don't think blizzard can even compare to typhoon in the overall appearance category.Typhoon has lots of lush,tropical,shaded areas throughout the park,where blizzard is more concrete,hardly no shade anywhere.My personal opinion would be typhoon lagoon.But,i'm sure if you choose blizzard,you guts will still have a great time...it's disney!!!

Fastpasssteve
05-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Typhoon Lagoon might be best. It's also easier to find seats together in any of the various shady spots. I like the innertube float area, as well as the big wave pool! Cool.

disneygirl87
06-02-2010, 03:46 PM
It really depends on whether you want family friendly--TL--or daredevil friendly--BB. I like them both (and I am a daredevil at heart), but I tend to have more fun at TL which has something for everyone. Hope this helps!

PlutoPlanet
06-03-2010, 11:46 AM
With kids your age I recommend BB. The ski patrol area was fun when our daughter was 8 to 10 years old.

Still, both water parks are a lot of fun.

Michelle15
06-03-2010, 01:25 PM
I would have to say Typhoon Lagoon hands down!
have a wonderful trip!

disneykid@hrt
06-05-2010, 12:51 AM
We've been to both and we prefer TL.

BUT- If your kids aren't the best swimmers I would be hesitant to take them to TL. That wave pool is no joke!! No, really they are both great parks, with great theming. TL seems more intimate, plush, and for the adults a tad bit more relaxing.

exvagirl
07-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Being a teenager, I sometimes find myself bored at TL due to the many attractions for your childrens' ages. BB is geared more towards the teen and up crowd, so I would suggest TL :D hope this helps!

Rebecca (:

joonyer
07-29-2010, 01:00 PM
There both fun, but "Teamboat Springs" the big family raft ride at Blizzard Beach, is the best, most fun attraction at either park for families to experience together. It's not too fast but has big curves (splashes) and it's really long. Worth the climb to the top of the mountain. Our kids were 6 & 9 on our first trip to WDW, and BB was their favorite of the two.
You can't go wrong with either one. I'd get the "water parks and more" option and go to both.

Dr. Disney
07-30-2010, 02:12 AM
Easy Answer.. Blizzard Beach. My DS (10) even loves it more then TL. Would you believe he went on Summit Plummit 2 years ago, what a trooper. :D

mmbandc
07-30-2010, 02:06 PM
My family prefers TL. There is a lot to do for the under-teen group. BB seems to be geared more to the teen and up group.

Figment1988
08-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Typhoon Lagoon's quite more family friendly whereas Blizzard Beach is quite thrill-oriented. However should you choose typhoon, be fully aware that the wave pool's waves have plenty of strength to move anyone, and even on the shallow side, you can feel it. if your children can swim well, make sure that they don't go in too deep since the big wave (that pops up every 90 seconds) can knock anyone and anything in it's path (except, perhaps Chuck Norris)

edhunter28
08-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Blizzard beach, there is more to experience than in typhoon lagoon

marlyn
08-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Your kids are young, so I would suggest Typhoon Lagoon....added bonus of shade which is harder to come by at Blizzard Beach.

My boys are teenagers and they prefer Blizzard Beach, but I still prefer Typhoon Lagoon as I find it more relaxing.

LudwigVonDrake
08-08-2010, 07:10 PM
For Crush n' Gusher alone go to Typhoon Lagoon. Great ride :wave:

BluewaterBrad
08-16-2010, 04:36 PM
I prefer BB, but both are fantastic parks!:mickey:

kathiep
08-16-2010, 05:16 PM
My kids are around the same ages and Typhoon Lagoon is a better fit for them. Plus as a previous poster stated, it's not as exposed there; there's more shade.

LVT
08-18-2010, 07:28 AM
Water shoes help at either. Some paths are decorative rock shapes rather than sidewalks. We had one child stub and cut his toe. That slows you down a lot. CM have bandaids.