PDA

View Full Version : Will they bring "Give A Day" back??

AirlineGuy07
05-28-2010, 09:14 AM
I was wondering if anyone thinks that they will bring the volunteer program back for next year. My wife and I may be in the Orlando area next May and wanted to go to one of the parks just for a day but DW thinks its crazy to spend $79 each just for one day. I thought if they brought the program back we could volunteer somewhere for a free ticket. We may volunteer even if we don't go. Any thoughts?? Thanks!!

AirlineGuy07
05-28-2010, 09:17 AM
Opps sorry wrong forum.....Could anyone switch it to Vacation Planning please!

DizneyRox
05-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Depends on how profitable it was for them. I don't think they will, with them announcing a need to reduce the discounting, eliminating these free tickets would be a huge step towards increasing profits. It will probably go back to some sort of celebration and not a way to bait people to visit the parks.

Remember these past two happened during a bad economy and offering people something for free is a good teaser. The economy seems to be recovering...

KylesMom
05-28-2010, 10:37 AM
I, too doubt that we'll see the GAD promotion next year. They reached their quota of one million volunteers by around the end of Q1 and didn't extend the program - and then they followed up with publicly stating they would be reducing discounts offered in 2011 even if it meant taking a short term hit to return profitability. I just don't see them potentially "giving away" another $79 million - even if it is a write-off.

mom2mickeyfan
06-01-2010, 06:04 PM
I wonder how many people are using them for fastpass which cost Disney nothing. We have 6 and are only using 1 towards a ticket. The rest we are using for fastpasses.