PDA

View Full Version : D23 - Is it worth it?

Euby
05-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Does anyone have a D23 membership? What do you like/not like about it?

Euby
06-02-2010, 01:11 AM
:bump:

DizneyRox
06-02-2010, 06:18 AM
I think you got an answer to your question... :D

alicefan76
06-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I love the magazines and think it is well worth the money for those alone.

The only downside I've found is that most of the extra benefits/events take place on the east or west coast. Those of us in the middle of the country are too far away to attend.

I do LOVE the scrapblog extras. D23 has a deal with them and you can access all sorts of cool stuff for your online scrapbook. I recently starting on one for our trip from April.

brownie
06-02-2010, 11:34 AM
I didn't think it was worth it so I didn't sign up. I miss Disney Magazine and the Magic Kingdom Club. I was really disappointed when they did away the Disney Magazine.

Disneyglamour
06-09-2010, 10:36 AM
I personally LOVE D23! I love the publication and all the private events they put on at the parks for members. Even though the events cost extra, they make them extremely special and they are once in a lifetime experiences. I went to the D23 Anniversary party in WDW in March and after we had a great private dinner and dessert party in Fantasyland, they closed down the park and let us ride the rides in Fantasyland up until the early morning! We also got some great insider info from an Imagineer about the new Fantasyland expansion. There were also characters on had (including Mickey) to take pictures with us. It was an AMAZING experience that I would have never had if it weren't for D23. I'm planning on going to the Expo in California next August too! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
06-20-2010, 09:50 PM
How much does D23 cost?

Disneyglamour
06-23-2010, 01:59 PM
It used to be $75 but now they have silver and gold level memberships. The silver membership is $35 and the gold is $75. The only difference in the two memberships are the quaterly magazine. The magazine only comes with the gold membership. But you can also buy the magazine at Barnes & Noble...

Tekneek
08-08-2010, 11:20 AM
If someone is on the east coast and has just about no hope for making it to the Anaheim events, is it still worth it? If I am unlikely to be able to take advantage of on-site events, what is the benefit of the silver membership?

I suppose I need to go look at a D23 magazine and see if I think it is worth paying the extra $40(!) for.

azcavalier
08-12-2010, 11:46 AM
If someone is on the east coast and has just about no hope for making it to the Anaheim events, is it still worth it? If I am unlikely to be able to take advantage of on-site events, what is the benefit of the silver membership?

I suppose I need to go look at a D23 magazine and see if I think it is worth paying the extra $40(!) for.

I searched for this thread when I started my own, and couldn't find it.

Anyway, this is pretty much what I was wondering. With three young kids, being on the East Coast and not able to just "pop" over to either WDW or DL, i'll never make it to any of the events. I'd like to look at the magazine, but with the Internet (and all the message boards, and the DVC magazine I already get), I don't see that the D23 magazine could possibly pass along any information that I wouldn't find out for free by perusing all of the Disney fan sites. If the Silver membership included the publication, and they used some other kind of perk for the Gold, I probably would have signed up for the Silver already. But that's a pretty steep price increase from Silver to Gold, and it looks like the *only* added benefit is a quarterly magazine? That's around $10 an issue! That's crazy!