PDA

View Full Version : Best shoes for water parks?

JennyAnne
05-27-2010, 09:24 PM
Hello all!

DH and I are throwing together a very quick, two-day visit when we're down at his aunt's next week. I have very little time to plan, which is not the way I like to roll. I've never been to either of the water parks and am wondering if someone can recommend a good pair of shoes/sandals for the TL? I've never been there and not quite sure how shoes work on the water slides. I don't want to walk around barefoot but I'm not sure what I would wear on slides.

Any advice about this would be appreciated!

Fastpasssteve
05-28-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm a lover of the standard-issue flip-flop. I wear them walking around, but take them off to go on water slides and such. I don't know if there are rules governing footwear on the slides and other attractions...like the lazy river innertube float thingy.

Mousemates
05-28-2010, 05:16 AM
we walk into the park in Tevas...but tend to go barefoot most of the day

clausjo
05-28-2010, 06:55 AM
We're going to be at BB tomorrow for the first time! We've also never been to either water park, but I plan on bringing my croc flops to wear into the park, but assumed we'd be barefoot most of the day.

scooterca42
05-30-2010, 02:09 PM
DH and I swear by water socks - or water shoes - they're usually a stretchy material on the upper and rubber soles. Designed to get wet. We seldom go barefoot and so have very tender feet! We wear our usual sneakers or Crocs to the park and change into them there.

We get ours at Canadian Tire, but I saw them in the Buffalo Walmart last time we were visiting our friends. Generally about 5 to 8 dollars. We take the insole out - it tends to slip and bunch up. Works amazingly for us.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-30-2010, 02:28 PM
We did the Croc thing the last time we were at Blizzard Beach.

Now, I'm not a huge slide person, but I did wear them in the wave pool, in the lazy river and on the slide that I did go on.

We've also done the water shoe thing, and found it worked great too! I wouldn't go barefoot, there are lots of places where the ground is really hot on the bottom of the feet.

whitney37354
06-01-2010, 02:46 PM
We will be wearing Tevas when we're there next week.

BrerGnat
06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I also recommend (and use) Water Shoes, specifically. Crocs are a good second choice. I wear crocs to our pool a lot, and you can even swim with them on! However, they are bulky, and you can't so much "swim" as just walk underwater.

On the slides, you can leave your shoes on. They don't make you take them off, except on the speed slide.

You can buy water shoes at the water park, or at Target, Walmart, etc. They are easy to find this time of year and they are so cheap that they are disposable after a few uses.

PlutoPlanet
06-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I use water shoes. We go in August when the sidewalks are very hot. The water flows through the shoes on the water slides just fine.

I think I got the shoes from Lands End.

whitney37354
06-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Please have some type of water shoes for your children at the water parks! A boy behind us was saying, 'I'm burning! I'm burning!' His dad replied, 'Walk in the shade!'

Dad, it was in the 90's that day. There was no shade..

Goofy Texan
06-29-2010, 10:43 AM
I vote for the water shoes. Keep in mind TL has lots of sand. Getting that caught between the footbed of a sandle and your foot could cause problems. Water shoes are enclosed and resist the sand better. Now if I could just get someone to design them so they mimic the look of sandles or sneakers I'd be in :cloud9:. The gaudy colors and icky styles make them uglier than crocs!

E-OR
07-04-2010, 10:27 PM
I do the same thing that Fastpasssteve does. Flip flops and then take them off on the rides. I've tried the water shoes but don't like the way they feel on my feet and I really hate it when they get sand in them.

Giggy
07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
I've never worn footwear around the water parks, too much hassle. The paths do get hot over the course of the day but I've managed, normally by finding patches of the path that either have water on them or are in the shade every few steps. If all else fails it means I walk faster so get more done. :blush:

If that doesn't work for you then it would make sense to get something you can put on with wet feet. This will save you having to dry your feet off between moving from one place to another. For example flipflops would be better here than sneakers.

SBETigg
07-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Last time we were at Typhoon Lagoon was August. Yes, it was hot. But it was such a pain to keep flip flops on in and out of the water, that I ended up sticking them in a locker. It was absolutely no problem to go around barefoot. The pavement was wet almost everywhere and we never had a burning feet issue. Not to say it can't happen, and the water shoes are good to have for kids, especially kids who don't like to watch where they step. But a group of adults shouldn't have much trouble navigating barefoot if going without shoes is the preference.

LauraByTheSea
07-05-2010, 01:02 PM
On the slides, you can leave your shoes on. They don't make you take them off, except on the speed slide.

You can buy water shoes at the water park, or at Target, Walmart, etc. They are easy to find this time of year and they are so cheap that they are disposable after a few uses.

Right... DH bought his at the park and only had to take them off on the speed slide. I went barefoot, it's much easier for me...