PDA

View Full Version : I want the mansions!!

the other micki
05-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi all! I've tentatively decided to stay at POR for our trip next year (yep, planning ahead!) This is my question: I REALLY want to stay in one of the mansion rooms, which means I really do not want a room in alligator bayou. We'll be going at a slow time, so I'm hoping they'll be able to accomodate me. I'm planning to put a preference on my intial reservation, but just wondering what are the chances I'll be put in alligator bayou with no chance of switching. (I'd rather stay at POFQ than in gator bayou at POR).

#1donaldfan
05-27-2010, 12:26 PM
...it's worth a shot, if that's what you want....just make sure it's on your initial ressies, and 10 days out call the resort and talk to 'em.....but, if you do get "stuck" in the AB section I can assure you that you will love it, maybe even better !!! It's so shaded, and relaxing, just what one needs after a long, hard day at the parks.....we always have stayed in the AB section, actually the closest to the main building and never had a problem with noise, crowds, ...anything.....either way I'm sure it'll be a wonderful stay !!!:thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
05-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Any request calls should be made in the evening...around 6:30 or so...

By that time, most people checking-in for the day already have. Calling earlier in the day might get you a frustrated, over-worked CM who is not really giving you their full attention as they attempt to check-in 50 families.

Wait 'til it calms down...and they are, too. You'll get a more sympathetic ear.

TammiMcMan
05-27-2010, 03:31 PM
The best place for requests is on your initial reservation. You can also try faxing the resort 3-4 days prior to your arrival, as they won't even have your reservation until that time. Because of the popularity of faxes, there's no guarantee anyone will look at it, but you can try. It doesn't really do any good calling the resort either, you'll just be dealing with a call answering center (possibly someone in Utah). They'll answer the phone as if you're talking to a CM at the resort, but all they're really doing is checking the system to verify your request has been noted.

Fangorn
05-27-2010, 04:26 PM
As long as that request is noted on your reservation, I can't imagine there being a problem with Disney meeting your request. The Mansions section of the Resort has 1024 rooms. The Alligator Bayou section also has 1024 rooms. So even without a request, you have a 50/50 chance of being in the Mansions.

If for some reason, you arrive and they have given you a room in AB, all you have to do is ask for something in the Mansions. Unless you're checking in very, very late and the resort is booked to capacity, they will still most likely be able to accomodate you.

No guarantees on anything, of course, but your chances of not getting a room in Mansions if that's what you ask for is incredibly slim.

Have a great time.

Steve

mom2morgan
05-27-2010, 09:33 PM
Not to throw cold water on the above poster, but I've had BAAD luck. Asked for Alligator Bayou the first time, and they gave my the Mansions. Asked for the Mansions next time, and they gave me Alligator Bayou. Both times refused to move me and weren't very polite about it. And I'm sorry to offend but I HATED the Bayou and would have rather stayed at a different resort.

Donald's Girl
05-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Like momtomorgan, I got AB when I requested the Mansions. Made my reservation ONE YEAR ahead of time. Did it over the phone rather than online to make sure this request was noted. In addition, they ended up putting Pop Warner cheerleaders there that week. Since AB is where they usually put them because of trundle beds, we HATED it! (Why there then wasn't room for us in the Mansions is beyond me.)
I repeatedly reiterated my preference in various calls prior to our arrival. I spoke to the front desk at check in and the cast member didn't really want to hear my complaint.
The end result is that our once favorite Mod is now off our list. We now will go to POFQ first, then probably CS.

the other micki
05-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Okay, now I'm a little nervous! Oh well, if I end up in AB, I guess I'll get over it and remember that I am, after all, in Disney World! :cloud9:

Amy_617
05-28-2010, 01:33 AM
We have never had a problems getting into the mansions. Every time we requested Magnolia Bend....we got it. When we went this past Dec, we didn't really care where they put us since we would only be there a few nights. We ended up getting a room in the AB section. It wasn't bad, just not as nice as MB. I think you'll be able to get into MB....just as long as your not going during a really busy time and the resort is booked up. I think your chances are good! I wouldn't worry about it too much. :) Good luck!

sainter
05-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Our experience has been that if we are booked in a Mansion room (we always request AB), we have always been able to be moved. We have though maybe had to give up another request to get it - like connecting rooms or close to main building.
Just be very nice and say "we really wanted to be in the Mansion section - is there anything?"
Anyway, as you said, you will be in Disney either way!! :mickey:

5MemphisTiggers
06-02-2010, 12:18 AM
DW and I stayed at POR last trip. We requested Magnolia Terrace when we made our reservation (prob 6 months out) and got it with no problem. Obviously this doesn't happen every time, but it worked for us. If I recall, we checked in on-line several days ahead of time. I don't know if that made a difference or not. Others may have had a different experience.

Either way, just remember it's Disney! :mickey: I'd have a hard time staying disappointed no matter where I was sleeping.

PetefromRI
06-02-2010, 08:08 AM
The way I was told is it doesn't matter how early you book or how many times that you call,it's first come first served.They will try and accomodate your request but they won't put a room aside just because you requested one.We always try and get a room right near the foodcourt at POFQ but because we didn't check in until well after 4:00 P.M. we ended up in building #7,not the end of the world but we would have liked to been closer.The CM said that if we had checked in that morning we may have had a better chance of getting something close.We've been to AB and allthough it's a bit of a walk it's still beautiful and it's still Disney World.

#1donaldfan
06-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Okay, now I'm a little nervous! Oh well, if I end up in AB, I guess I'll get over it and remember that I am, after all, in Disney World! :cloud9:

...don't be nervous as the rooms both in the AB section or mansions are identical with the excetpion of decor.....size, layout, all the same....no worries.....really !!! :mickey: