PDA

View Full Version : Akl club level or wl basic room

poohbear07
05-26-2010, 07:41 AM
My husband and I will be taking our second trip to disney by ourselves and we stayed at akl last visit and loved it. this may be our last trip alone and wanted to either try the club level at akl or just the basic at the wl lodge to try somthing new and closer to parks. we have 7 days to be there so what do you think would be better for us. we also do the deluxe dinning so i do not know if it would be over kill with club level.Thanks!

Gregandmel
05-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Well, since you will have the deluxe dining anyways, not sure what benefit the club level would give you (food wise) at AKL other than breakfast & snacks, but you DO get the extra touches of being in club level. That being said, we stayed at WL and loved it! I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else for our next trip, but my DH talked me into staying at POFQ because (it was our 2nd trip as well) he said he didn't want our 2nd trip to "feel" the same with where we stayed before. It's hard to stay somewhere "new" when you have fallen in love with a specific resort. WL has a complete different theme than AKL. I would personally choose WL only to try something new. It has wonderful theming and you would have the boat to MK which is awesome, plus the nightly electric water parade which passes by. Good luck with whatever you choose! You'll have a wonderful time regardless! :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
05-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Since you are doing the dlx DDP another benefit of WL would be the easy access to great signature restaurants. You have Artist point on site or you could take the launch over to CR for dinner at Cali Grill or to hop the monorail to GF for Narcoossee's.

TammiMcMan
05-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Club levels are more of a food supplement and they won't really replace any meals. You do get the added benefit of a personal pre-planner that you can touch base with prior to your vacation. They can help you set up anything you need. You could do that yourself, but sometimes it's nice having it all done with one or two e-mails, as opposed to keeping track of the calendar and making multiple phone calls. The lounge is very nice, if you are planning on spending time at the resort. At the AKL though, the standard club level rooms are down on the 4th floor, so you do need to hop on the elevator and go up to access the lounge. An added plus at AKL, is that club level guests can book the sunrise safari and standard club level rooms overlook the savannah. I'd say go for it.

ThanxForNoticin
05-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Club levels are more of a food supplement and they won't really replace any meals. You do get the added benefit of a personal pre-planner that you can touch base with prior to your vacation. They can help you set up anything you need. You could do that yourself, but sometimes it's nice having it all done with one or two e-mails, as opposed to keeping track of the calendar and making multiple phone calls. The lounge is very nice, if you are planning on spending time at the resort. At the AKL though, the standard club level rooms are down on the 4th floor, so you do need to hop on the elevator and go up to access the lounge. An added plus at AKL, is that club level guests can book the sunrise safari and standard club level rooms overlook the savannah. I'd say go for it.

I agree. There are a lot of advantages to staying club level, especially at a resort like AKL - it's amazing. And the chance to enjoy an extra special event like the Sunrise Safari is a big plus. The truth is, you don't have a bad choice here, but having stayed at both WL and AKL (club level), we'd be back at AKL. Enjoy your trip!