PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef

pox24
05-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Last Sunday my DW and I decided to have lunch at Coral Reef just before driving home. What a great meal. The last time we ate there it was disappointing. We thought the food was terribly overpriced for what you got. My, have things changed. We started with the lobster soup, then the pan seared trout over warm white beans, tomato, pearl onions and arugula. The flavor knocked us both off, it was great. If you get the chance try this one... it was the meal of the day.:thumbsup:

Pigtunia
05-25-2010, 04:10 PM
hmmm. That's interesting to hear.

What was the 'atmosphere' like?

Years ago it was a VERY special restaurant, but the last time we went it had degenerated into a Red Lobster-type atmosphere. Not only that, but they were way behind in the ADR times (by 45 minutes!), and we, too, felt the selection of food was very limited and over-priced.

We might give it another try if they've restored the feel of the place.

pox24
05-25-2010, 04:48 PM
The atmosphere was much the same as we remebered it. Dimly lit, cozy, done all in blues with mosaics between booths. We had a table right at the tank. It was very crowded too for lunch, good thing we ADR's. We were seated within 10 minutes. Two lobster soups, bread, entrees, ice teas, it was $ 60.00 with tip.

LandFan
05-26-2010, 09:38 AM
The Mahi Mahi and Catfish dishes are excellent too!:cloud9: We really like the Coral Reef. To combat the potential for loud or busy atmosphere, we just get ressies for right when they open at lunch time so we are almost done before it fills up. Also if you are one of the first people seated, you can usually get a nice table by the tank. It works for us every time! It is now one of our must-do stops - as long as we pick our times wisely:secret:

Ropachs
06-01-2010, 03:35 PM
So excited to (hopefully) try CR this December! Glad to hear you had a wonderful meal there so recently. :cloud9:

ANG
06-01-2010, 03:37 PM
We'll be dining at CR for the first time this year! I'm excited to show my son the tank side seats

BriarRose0708
06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
I am glad you had a delicious experience at Coral Reef! It is one of my favorite places!