PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reservations Online Demo

FLKatie912
05-24-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm actually in Disney World right now, typing this from the Beach Club lobby as we speak(er...you read). Earlier this afternoon, I was looking at the dining reservations site. I must have gotten in during a "test". The format of the website was MUCH different. You could just pick a time and a location to see what dining options were available. Instead of being limited to just one thing, it was real cool! Much less time consuming! I went back to check something on it again tonight, and it was back to normal. Just wondering if anyone else had seen this?

ElenitaB
05-24-2010, 11:52 PM
I may be confused as to what you're describing, but I think I've seen this for quite a while now. If I input a time for a certain restaurant, the system will indicate whether that time is available at that restaurant and what other restaurants are available at that time. Is it that, or something else? Thanks!

TinkiTime1989
05-25-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm actually using it right now to search for a few last minute ressies for our trip in June. It is definitely a much easier format to use! I love this!

ElenitaB- It is not the same. You can now choose a "location" such as one of the parks or resorts, a specific time OR a generalized breakfast, lunch, or dinner time, date, and party size. It then gives you results for what restaurants at that locations have openings and what time those openings are for. Much more user friendly in comparison to searching one restaurant at a time!

I took a couple of screenshots so everyone can understand it a little better. They can be found here (http://s785.photobucket.com/albums/yy140/ErinNichole61389/New%20Disney%20Dining%20Reservation%20System/)

Mods, feel free to remove the link if it violates TOS.

Hammer
05-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Ellen, they did totally change the Dining reservations, and for the better, in my opinion. I absolutely love it!

Now, if you have the reservations page bookmarked, you will need to update it as the link address has changed. The old link will take you to the old version of the reservations page.

ginger19
05-25-2010, 07:41 AM
I did see that but it was gone the next time I loaded the page! I loved it! This morning it's still gone and I had to do it the old way.
There was even a note that said something to the effect that they had been listening to suggestions.

mom2mickeyfan
05-25-2010, 10:48 AM
ginger19, I just checked and it is still the old way for me also. I can only check one resturant at a time. It does give me other options to pick from after I search that resturant but no way to just look and see what is open. But it sounds like a great change! I can't wait to try it out!

Now if they could just get my dining reservations to show up when I sign in instead of having to put my numbers in each time that would be great also!!

Hammer
05-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I just went to the disneyworld website and I accessed the new web page.

Everyone, to access the new web page, on the main page of disneyworld.com, go to "Places to Eat" and choose "make Dining Reservations". This took me to the new page.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/

Once on the page, choose select date and time. Only fill out that section and then click "search for a table".

mom2mickeyfan
05-25-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't get anywhere to put in a date or time. I tried it logged in, logged out and following your link and it is still the same page for me. Makes me feeling like I am doing something wrong....lol :confused:

Hammer
05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
What happens when you click the link in my above post? On that page, you see at the top of the page to make a reservation and select a date and time. Just fill in the select a date and time. I just did this again and have done this on my home computer (where I do not clear the internet cache or cookies) and my work computer, where I am not logged into the site and clear my Internet cache a few times a week.

mouseketeer mom
05-25-2010, 11:55 AM
I like this new format very much! Thanks guys!

mom2mickeyfan
05-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Hammer, thanks for trying but it really isn't there. There is no place on that page to enter a date or time. I've looked and looked from top to bottom. All I have that I can input info is the search dining box and the search disneyworld.com box.

This is what is at the top of the page when I follow your link.

Walt Disney WorldŽ Dining and Reservations
Book dining 180 days in advance in 3 easy steps: 1) Search for a restaurant 2) Check for availability 3) Book online

It is no big deal. I don't need to search for anything right now. We leave in 12 days and I think I have everything we need....which is only a couple. I was just wanting to check it out and see how it works. I'm sure all will be in fine working order by the time I need to make more reservations. Thanks again for trying to help!

ginger19
05-25-2010, 12:45 PM
I just tried the link as well and it's back to the original format. I have not seen the new once since 5:45am monday.

PopPhan
05-25-2010, 01:08 PM
I LIKE IT!!! I'm playing around with it for our dates in September right now.

For those who can't seem to get there from the link in Christine's message, maybe you need to login to the WDW online site first? I have been logged in all day and the link worked perfectly.

It even tells you which restaurants have NO availability for the date and time frame you choose!!

Hammer
05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I just thought of something. What sort of browser are you all using that aren't getting the new page? I'm using IE7 and IE8.

mom2mickeyfan
05-25-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm using IE8 also.

PopPhan, I've tried it while logged in and logged out. I've also tried it by just going to the website myself without following the link. No dice....its just not there for me. It must be because it still in the phasing in stage. Maybe??

mom2mickeyfan
05-25-2010, 02:49 PM
AHA!! I closed everything up and rebooted the computer and now I see it!! I'm not crazy!! :crazy:

Now I want to make a reservation even though I don't need any!! lol

ElenitaB
05-25-2010, 05:38 PM
It's not working for me... no wonder I didn't understand the OP's question. I just may have to fire up the home laptop now. You folks are leading me down the road to perdition. :secret:

Figment52
05-25-2010, 10:41 PM
All I see is the old site :(

Tinkermom
05-26-2010, 12:13 AM
All I see is the old site as well. This is very strange. Why does it work for some and not for others? :confused:

Figment52
05-26-2010, 12:17 AM
If it wasn't some kind of glitch, then possibly they're rolling it out in phases? Hopefully, there will be some word soon. I really like doing ADRs online, and being able to input by time and party size would just make it that much better than before:mickey:

ginger19
05-26-2010, 07:20 AM
I was just able to get into it using Firefox. I LOVE it! It is so great to be able to see everything open in a time frame!

cer
05-26-2010, 07:44 AM
MUCH more user friendly! Now I just wish I needed reservations....:(

Figment52
05-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Woo hoo, I can see it now:thumbsup: Agreed, much more user friendly!

LandFan
05-26-2010, 09:26 AM
OH! THis is awesome!! I get to make ressies next week - this is just in time!!:cool:

Carolanne
05-26-2010, 08:12 PM
I just checked it out. I really like the new set-up! Like everyone else has said, it's so much more user-friendly than the previous version. I like being able to login & see the ADR's that I made without having to retrieve them--that has to be my favorite new feature.

Tinkermom
05-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Yay! I can see it! Now I don't feel so left out! :mickey: This new system is so much better and much more user friendly.:thumbsup:

5togetherWDW
05-27-2010, 08:46 AM
This is so much nicer! The new site works really well.
Amazing to see all the choices still available on the fourth of July -- too bad we aren't going to be there :mickey: (Though I hope all the choices doesn't mean it is overbooking everyone -- that could be a mess . . . .)

wildernesslady
05-27-2010, 09:39 AM
Great improvement.

mike.lehman96
05-27-2010, 08:55 PM
I read on the Disney Parks Blog today that they were rolling out the new reservation page, but that more changes will be added to it. I love it. We are going in June and I was checking today to see if we could move a couple of our "late" breakfast reservations. It was definitely nice to see all of the options. Great job on this one Disney! :clappy: