PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Dining Question

tinkman
05-24-2010, 12:58 PM
We took our very first Disney (any) cruise in March '10 and really enjoyed it. However, I am a "comfort food" person. Not that I don't enjoy new things, but I found the nightly menus to be very limited. For all you experienced cruisers out there, can you ask for and get something that is not listed on the menu? Say I would simply like a nice New York Strip Steak, could I get one or are you stuck with what is on the menu? One night, the dessert menu didn't look particularly inviting, so I asked for Mickey Ice Cream bar and it was "no problem!"

btharvey
05-24-2010, 02:16 PM
I don't think the Mickey Ice Cream bars are _ever_ a problem! On our last night of the cruise, the free ice cream dispenser was closed, so we asked room service for some Ice cream ... lo and behold, Mickey!

They might be able to spin something up for you, but I'll wager their first reply would be that they have a restaurant on board where you may order a la carte from their menu, though you do pay extra. Their first response would be (much more kindly and gently of course), you get the meals you paid for.

But depending on what the meals were, they might be able to throw something else together. And if you do have dietary restrictions and tell them ahead of time, they'll go a long distance to meet your requirements.

ElenitaB
05-25-2010, 12:02 AM
When we cruised, there was a section on the menu every night that is for more "plain" (or "lighter") food, and nightly there is a choice of a steak, chicken or a piece of fish (it's usually salmon). And you can always mix and match entrees and sides as you wish. In our experience, they are extremely accomodating.

mrp4352
05-25-2010, 04:31 PM
We found a great steak in Topsiders on the nights they convert to full-service!