PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Cafe - Antics???

2princess's daddy
05-24-2010, 12:55 PM
My family and I currently have a lunch planned for Whispering Canyon in :mickey:July:mickey:, yet I have read several reviews on the Internet that the antics are not as good during lunch.

Should we switch to a dinner reservation for a better experience?

Please let me know your thoughts!!!!

faline
05-24-2010, 12:58 PM
There aren't as many folks around for lunch so the antics do tend to be a little more low-key at lunch. Still, we found lots of servers who were very interactive during lunch time.

CU Tiger
05-24-2010, 01:38 PM
We love to have have lunch at WC and yes, lunch is a little more calm due to the usually lower crowd. How fun it will be will depend on the CM. They all done a good job for us, but some are more out going or funnier. Either way, it will be a fun experience. :mickey:

Fastpasssteve
05-25-2010, 12:14 AM
In my years of experience working in the theater, I've found that craziness and comedy require a certain 'critical mass' of people to get the silly ball rolling down the hill. Fewer people (on average) go there during lunch than dinner. The more, the merrier in this case (and I mean that literally). Most performers do their best work when there's a full house...more energy bouncing around!

CosmicRay
06-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Can you fill me in on what kind of antics they might do?

crltkcagle
06-10-2010, 12:13 PM
We always eat dinner at wcc. Some of the antics we have experienced are :
1. Dh kept asking for refills of tea so the waitress brought him out a huge mason jar full of tea.
2. Ds dropped his fork on the ground and wa given a three foot black wooden fork to use cause he couldn't possibly drop that one.
3. Ds spille his drink on the ground so he was brought a new drink wrapped in packaging tape that said spillproof all over it
4. Of course there's always the ketchup
5. At the beginning of our last meal they made everyone get up and do the hokey pokey. If you tried to sit down they outte you and made you get up.
6. They have horse races for kids.
7. While waiting for our food the host came up behind ds and took the back of his chair and slid him around the entire restaurant.

Wcc is so much fun it's one of our top picks!

CosmicRay
06-10-2010, 12:17 PM
How funny! we've never been to WCC and we are trying it this September. I think I will keep the antics to myself and let my family be surprised. DH isn't a big fan of surprises, but he will join in, since we are at WDW!