PDA

View Full Version : Best Summer Month

mgmnut
05-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Having issues trying to plan a trip. Too many variables getting in the way. Kids are getting older so the option of pulling them from school for a trip is no longer an option. It looks like it comes down to going during school vacation, long lines, big crowds :ack:. Looking at the summer months or Holiday weeks at this point (this year or next). If you had to choose which would you choose based on crowds and atmosphere, June, July, (August not and option) Thanksgiving week, Christmas week, February Vacation or April Vacation.

faline
05-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Your poll threw me for a moment as the title of your thread is "Best Summer Month" yet your poll includes times beyond summer.

My first choice would be as early in June as possible. Second choice for me would be Thanksgiving week.

SBETigg
05-24-2010, 09:03 AM
It depends on when your April vacation falls. If it falls within a week of Easter (week before, week after) then, not a good time- very crowded (though lovely). But if it falls two weeks before or after Easter, it's a great time to go. My next best pick would be Thanksgiving week.

Disney4us2
05-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Our first trip was in July just after the 4th. We went on July 10-16. Besides being hot and humid, it was great. I didn't find the lines horrible. I used the fastpasses. We went back to the room in the middle of the day and then returned to the parks late afternoon/evening.

I would not hesitate to go in July again.

c&d
05-24-2010, 09:35 AM
If your April vacation falls when MA does (3rd week of April) we've found it a wonderful time to be down. Temps usually in the upper 70's no humidity, and not overly crowded.

disneymom15
05-24-2010, 09:43 AM
That's a tough one. I said June. I've been during all of your options except Thanksgiving week. We've been the week after thanksgiving, great time to go.

Ms. Mode
05-24-2010, 09:57 AM
I think I would go for February to get me away from the winter weather into sunny Florida! Plus, the parks aren't that crowded. :thumbsup:

SingingLights
05-24-2010, 10:41 AM
We have been at all the time you listed. We love going in early February, not during Race Week. We have pictures in the MK that look like we are the only people there. The lines are so short, maybe 5 minutes. The weather is great. We love it.

Mackflava99
05-24-2010, 10:46 AM
We are in the same situation- not easy to pull them out of school...the last 2 years we did this:

We left the day ( actually the exact afternoon) of our kid's last day of school, and then went to WDW for that last week of June.

The crowds were pretty good- they tend to increase as the time goes on-
This year because of extra snow days, we will be leaving much later and now will be in WDW on 4th of july... So we leave Nj on the 25th and stay till July 7th- I have a feeling it may be pretty crowded. But we will see how it goes.

poohspal
05-24-2010, 12:20 PM
I feel your pain. I am trying to figure out the best date for next year. This year, we went during April vacation. It was wonderful, and more than 2 weeks after Easter. However, in 2011 our vacation is the week before Easter.

We are considering whether Feb vacation would be better (last week of Feb). The downside is that this past winter was unseasonably cold in Florida.

Best of luck! Maybe I will see you there.

Liz

mgmnut
05-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Your poll threw me for a moment as the title of your thread is "Best Summer Month" yet your poll includes times beyond summer.

My first choice would be as early in June as possible. Second choice for me would be Thanksgiving week.

Sorry, When I started I was only going to ask what was the best summer month, then I decided to add the other times. Forgot to change the title.

eeyorepoohfan
05-24-2010, 06:25 PM
:santa: I chose Christmas week. However, I would go as soon as the kids are out of school to maybe avoid a bit of the rush. I don't like the hot humid weather, so I personally would not be able to go in the summer. I also LOVE the Christmas decorations! :santa3: I haven't been at Thanksgiving :pilgram: or Christmas (I went mid December) so I'm not sure how the crowds compare. But Christmas is by far my favorite time to visit WDW! Just my :twocents: . Whatever you decide, it will be fantastic for you and your family!!!