PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's Club - Say it 'aint so....

Jack Skellington
05-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Is it truly closed for good?

Thanks,

JS:mickey:

cer
05-23-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm afraid it is....I never got to go, but I understand there are a lot of folks out there who are missing it.

cather74
05-23-2010, 11:11 PM
yup,,,,,,kongaloosh.

SurferStitch
05-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Sadly, it is closed. It was so sad to see it just sitting there empty and desolate when we were there a couple weeks ago. :cry:

WDWNut02
05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Sadly, it is closed. It was so sad to see it just sitting there empty and desolate when we were there a couple weeks ago. :cry:

Did you happen to look inside and see if they had removed all of the decor yet?

Such a mistake taking away the Cloob. It was so unique and fun. I miss it dearly.:sad:

artyboy
05-24-2010, 05:38 PM
:(:(:(:(:(

SurferStitch
05-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Did you happen to look inside and see if they had removed all of the decor yet?

Such a mistake taking away the Cloob. It was so unique and fun. I miss it dearly.:sad:

You know, I tried, but I just couldn't tell. I didn't walk right up to the door, but it did look emptier. I didn't notice decor on the walls like I did before. :(

As much as we loved Jellyrolls on our first visit, it doesn't begin to live up to the Adventurer's Club. We used to hit the AC at least every other night on our trips. I could never do that at Jellyrolls.

AdventurerKim
05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Kungaloosh fellow adventurers! I miss the club and all the fun had there. :(

WDWNut02
05-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Kungaloosh! It's nice to reminisce with some kindred spirits.

sagitarius
05-25-2010, 08:30 PM
'Tis true. The cloob will be FOREVER missed...

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

SleepinB
05-28-2010, 03:27 PM
I always try to explain to people that can't understand why we keep going back to Walt Disney World, "You can't possibly see everything on a trip, so there is always something new to try that you hadn't discovered in the past."

The Adventure's Club is a great example. I have taken six trips to WDW and was not even aware it existed. By the time I heard about it on a podcast, we did not have another trip planned until after it was closing.

This was an extra disappointment when you consider that the post-closure trip was our first trip without kids. Our itinerary was based on experiencing all the things that we have missed on past trips with the kids. The Adventures Club was exactly the type of thing we were hoping to catch.

magicalmom
05-30-2010, 08:58 PM
:marg: A toast to the dear departed AC - Kungaloosh!

BluewaterBrad
05-31-2010, 04:37 PM
Its so.:(

debandbub
06-01-2010, 07:31 PM
I scratch my head when I try to figure out why they decided to close such a unique club. There is nothing else like it- and I always thought that Disney would like to promote unique experiences. Oh how I miss it, but like a PP said- it's nice to reminisce with kindred spirits.
Kungaloosh, friends!:beer:

HackLaSalle
06-05-2010, 06:33 PM
Some of the decor of adventurers club is being used in a Haunted Mansion esque ride in one of the foreign Disney parks (I forget which). I've also seen photos of old pieces of decor popping up around the rest of "The World".

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-05-2010, 09:07 PM
By the time I heard about it on a podcast, we did not have another trip planned until after it was closing.

:ditto: We did one Disney trip without DD, and didn't know about it. When we found out, just how neat it was, we didn't have a trip planned until after it closed :(

Dsnygirl
06-05-2010, 10:24 PM
:( So sad... it was my DH's and my favorite part of DTD. In fact, it was one of our favorite things at Disney, period!!

Last time we were there, we just went and sat on the steps... :sob:

Raising a :marg: to all our fellow AC lovers out there... Kungaloosh!!

SurferStitch
06-05-2010, 10:44 PM
I'll also raise a toast to my fellow AC new member inductees with my treasured Yakoose mug...

"We climb the highest mountain,
just to get a better view.

We plumb the deepest oceans,
cause we're daring through and through.

We cross the scorching desert,
Martini in our hand.

We ski the polar icecaps,
in tuxedo looking grand.

We are reckless, brave and loyal,
and valiant to the end.

If you come in here a stranger,
you will exit as a friend.