PDA

View Full Version : Next Up on Your Shopping List

mickeys_princess_mom
05-23-2010, 07:43 PM
What's on your shopping list for your very next trip? I need some Mickey hands, a new Disney print, a new Pirate flag, and a cute watch I saw last time....

Fastpasssteve
05-23-2010, 08:40 PM
I have been wanting to get a few Mickey bowls in that light blue color. Perhaps something small and cute from the glass blower in Mexico, EPCOT. There's also a vintage print from 'It's A Small World' that I've had my eye on for some time in the art shop in Downtown Disney. A good friend of mine who is also a Disneyphile has always wanted one of those Mickey pocket watches they sell on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom. I may pick that up as a Christmas present.

Hmmmm... That's a longer list than I realized.

disneykid@hrt
05-23-2010, 09:04 PM
A keychain. My daughter broke the one I got in February. :(I always buy a Christmas ornament with the year on it. I always get atleast one t-shirt for myself and one for DD. I bought a retro-ey Epcot shirt on our last trip and I want to check out the selection at MK. I always end up getting a kitchen item. I think I want the measuring cups next time. DH will of course get some of the glowy things. He can't resist. I want to try a chocolate dipped rice krispie treat. Does that count? :blush: And as for the kid... I'm sure she'll add a few plushes to the collection. :mickey:

SurferStitch
05-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Now that I got my first Jim Shore figurine (Stitch), I plan on getting a couple more next time.

Maybe another Dooney & Bourke bag.

Some sort of artwork or figurine.

Ropachs
05-24-2010, 04:40 PM
I recently saw a Disney play snack set. It would be a great addtions to DD3's kitchen. It has a choc covered Mickey treat, Mickey ears ice cream, and even a turkey leg! We'll be going in early Dec. so that will be one of her Christmas gifts.
I also always get myself something from Mickey's Pantry, a photo album and frame, and everybody gets t-shirts, sweatshirts, and/or hats.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-24-2010, 07:54 PM
I recently saw a Disney play snack set. It would be a great addtions to DD3's kitchen. It has a choc covered Mickey treat, Mickey ears ice cream, and even a turkey leg!
I saw that set last time. Really cute. Was trying to think of something to do with it now, like glue magnets on the back for the fridge or something. I know my grandchild coming in November will need a set, too!

TheVBs
05-24-2010, 08:47 PM
I always keep my eye out for Tinker Bell figurines, but I haven't seen any I've had to have on the last few trips.

I would love to find some Mickey sprinkles to bring home though!

IloveDisney71
05-24-2010, 09:05 PM
I will be getting a few new Christmas ornaments and maybe a Disney print. I got a beautiful Thomas Kinkade print a couple of trips ago. I always get a new t-shirt too. :mickey:

Tink#64
05-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Wow, I thought maybe I was the only one that planned what they were going to shop for when returning to WDW! :blush: I'm soooo glad that I'm not a complete wackjob! lol!

I love to get a new watch every trip, always get a new personalized Christmas ornament & every trip I know exactly what I'm looking for before I get there! I'm really bad about impulse buys when I'm in WDW! I really want the IllumiNations CD this year! I also try to add to my kitchen collection every year, my fav there so far is my clock that I bought at The BW resort! Not so much on my list this year, so that leaves more room for those things I see that I've just got to have! :shop: :spend:

mickeys_princess_mom
05-25-2010, 07:49 AM
I love to get a new watch every trip, always get a new personalized Christmas ornament & every trip I know exactly what I'm looking for before I get there!
I also try to add to my kitchen collection every year, my fav there so far is my clock that I bought at The BW resort! :
I usually get a watch each trip, too. I enjoy them all year. The ornament thing is something I wish I had started way back--would be neat to have all over the tree. Maybe I can start a collection for my grandchild when it gets here.
I sort of subversively :blush: am adding a tiny Mickey touch to my kitchen each time I go, too.
Tell me about your clock. :mickey:

Tink#64
05-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Tell me about your clock. :mickey:

Oh my gosh, I just LOVE my clock! I found it hanging on the wall in one of the shops on the BW & I took it down & carried it to the CM, they looked at me as if they'd never seen it before! :scratch: Lucklily another CM came by & they knew where to find me one in a box! :D

If I knew how to use our stupid card reader, I'd take a pic & post it! :silly: Alas, my techy type peeps are all asleep so I'll do my best to describe it. It's about 12" in diameter, the basis of the structure is black metal, sort of a cobweb design, the face in the center is Mickey red, just a plain circle & representing each hour, a Mickey yellow colored ball at the end of each black metal spoke. At 12 there is a classic mickey head (same yellow color) the second hand is yellow & the hour & minute hands are Mickey's white gloved hands on the black arms! I know, very silly :silly: but I just love it! :mickey:

jnfr2424
05-26-2010, 09:58 AM
I have been wanting to get a few Mickey bowls in that light blue color.

I want the oven mitt in that collection and they do not make it anymore!!!! I brought one mitt during my holiday trip in 2008 went back a year later and got the towels and utensils then a month ago I got the bowls and wanted another mitt and the only one that I have seen happens to be in MK at the Main Street Bakery in the showcase...Wonder if they will let me purchase it?
Otherwise my shopping list will consist of stopping in Mitsukoshi Department Store in Japan and picking up some wooden dolls ornaments for the cars (the symbols mean safe travels while driving) also our yearly personalized holiday ornament and I hope they will bring back some license plate holders I could not find any in April and I need to replace my broken one and pins pins and more pins!!!

i'm grumpy
05-26-2010, 07:40 PM
I passed on the Kincade and Dotson prints. :( I love snowglobes but too much trouble to get them home. I want the Queen button that says "off with your head!".:D

Bethanymouse
05-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Great thread! Not really too sure what I will pick up this trip.....probably check to see if new David Doss print out, a t-shirt, new atenna topper, maybe a dooney bag (we will see), probably a christmas ornament and who knows what else! I usually end up with some kitchen items too!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-26-2010, 10:22 PM
It's exciting to read about other people who like David Doss, too. My husband bought me a print for our anniversary last fall, and he was there. We enjoyed talking to him, and he signed something special on our print. Magical Moment!Treasure now.

mouseketeer mom
05-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Easy question!
I always add
New coffee cups, (at least 2 per trip, usually more)
New earrings and Mickey jewelry, many per trip
And I always pick up a new purse, this time I'd love a Dooney bag
Also..coconut patties, clothing, and I always add one new kitchen item per trip. Last time it was Mickey tongs, I think the next will be Mickey mixing bowls...the blue ones!

Ropachs
05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
I saw that set last time. Really cute. Was trying to think of something to do with it now, like glue magnets on the back for the fridge or something. I know my grandchild coming in November will need a set, too!

Do you remember where you saw the play food set? That's definitely on my must-have list!

i'm grumpy
05-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Try the Pooh shop next to the ride. I think it was at another shop too but can't remember.

eeyorepoohfan
05-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I want to try a chocolate dipped rice krispie treat. Does that count? :blush: :mickey:

Do it! They are fantastic! I haven't had one at WDW, but on my stay 2 weeks ago to Paradise Pier at Disneyland the wonderful CMs left them for an evening snack for us!

My DH and I get an ornament for each other every Christmas, so I will pick one up at WDW. I am also liking the new Vinylanimation, so maybe a new one or two of those as well ;)

mickeys_princess_mom
05-27-2010, 10:20 PM
Do you remember where you saw the play food set? That's definitely on my must-have list!

Yes-I saw it in the Toontown Fair!:mickey:

kemps@wdw
05-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Doesn't everyone plan their shopping items? :shop: DH will add to his ceramic character collection, in addition to the usual parks music cd and t-shirt. DD will probably go for the handbag, or maybe MM shorts and tees, and me...I gotta have my dated frame, all my scrapbook supplies and dated book, and another beach towel from...well who knows! :shrug: I'll just have to see which one I like! :D

magicalmom
05-30-2010, 08:55 PM
Coffee mug. I've been drinking out of a large blue salt-glazed mug w/ a mickey icon for 10 years now, but a few weeks ago, a bottle fell out of the cabinet over the sink and sheared off the handle. (>sigh<) Other mugs just aren't the same, but maybe they'll have something nice at WDW.

finaldynasty
06-06-2010, 09:55 AM
I broke my WDW sunglasses while coaching, so that is first on my list. In addition, all of my DKs have outgrown their crocs, so we will buy them a new pair and lastly, we have decided to begin pin trading.

LauraByTheSea
06-06-2010, 01:36 PM
I think I'm going to look for a D&B bag... And jewelry, of course!

ANG
06-06-2010, 07:33 PM
We're going to start pin trading this year!

Disneyglamour
06-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I love the vinylmations so I will probably be purchasing one of those but my BIG splurge is going to be the white Dooney & Bourke bag!! :mickey:

Disneyglamour
06-09-2010, 10:42 AM
OH! And I'm sure I'll get something from Tren-D! I LOVE that store!!!!

Kathy Jetson
06-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Lets see...I want something for my kitchen don't know what yet. T-shirts,the new silly bands for ds. A coffee cup,sticker for my car,lic. plate holder and probably alot of other stuff I don't need!:mickey:

Disneyglamour
06-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Lets see...I want something for my kitchen don't know what yet. T-shirts,the new silly bands for ds. A coffee cup,sticker for my car,lic. plate holder and probably alot of other stuff I don't need!:mickey:

Guess what Kathy?! You can actually get the new silly bands at Walmart in the Jewelry department! I just got the Mickey and Friends ones Saturday! They have Cars, Toy Story, Fairies, and Princesses too! I think they were $4 and some change?

Kathy Jetson
06-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Guess what Kathy?! You can actually get the new silly bands at Walmart in the Jewelry department! I just got the Mickey and Friends ones Saturday! They have Cars, Toy Story, Fairies, and Princesses too! I think they were $4 and some change?

Thankyou I had heard they had the Mickey ones but not the others ds will be over the moon about the Cars one!:mickey:

kemps@wdw
06-20-2010, 12:28 AM
We started collecting Disney ornaments back about 1985 and now our tree is covered w/them, but I still buy 2 or 3 each year. DH will get a new ceramic figurine, and probably a print. DD usually goes for jewelry, tshirts, keychains, and sonmething for her BF :ack:, and I ALWAYS get scrapbooking supplies, something for my kitchen or bath, and any any special or anniversary items for my "WDW collection cabinet". Yes...we do plan for our souveniers, and we try not to go too much over budget. Since we've been so many times and DD is older, we find that we spend less each year. :whew:

forever a child
06-20-2010, 10:02 AM
This trip I am actually going to buy somethings for myself!:shop:

I plan on getting a Dooney & Bourke Purse, I like the Blue and Cream canvas bag. Also a Mickey watch I saw, I want to pick out some WDW Christmas ornaments too. Any perhaps anything else that might catch my eye!:deer:

Not sure what my DD is planning on this trip. Guess I will have to wait and see.

tinkerbellfan246
06-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Since I have heard a lot of people talk about the Disney Dooney and Burke purses, I want to look at those when we go over the fourth of July! :mickey:

E-OR
06-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Christmas Ornament, I want a new Tea Kettle, and I have never tried the Zeba Domes and excited to try when we have dinner at AKL in September.

gauvin4
06-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I must buy a 2011 calendar (keeps me happy all year long)! I need a new pewter Mickey key chain.
Since I will be there in early Dec., I will pick up a few x-mas gifts. Probably some Burberry or Chanel No. 5 for DD. For DS, maybe soccer related items at Epcot. I will also be looking at the Dooney & Bourke items everyone is talking about!!

Tink#64
06-27-2010, 02:18 AM
I just had to follow up! We just returned 2 weeks ago & we saw so many new cool things! For the first time I didn't but a watch but DH & youngest DS both did! Of course got a new ornament, and some new toppers. My fav is the Mickey Bar! :bar: I got a Dooney & Burke Bag & I love it! I got the tan/brown hipster type! I LOVE IT! I also got an adorable little cloth Mickey bag, kind of a Hobo style bag, kind of a Bermuda short plaid with some Mickey squares! Very cute! DS's got cool shirts with Mickey & saying in various languages, oldest DS got the German & younger DS got the Japanese! Note, these aren't everywhere, saw them in DTD on arrival day, found the German version in Germany in Epcot, but Japan didn't have - so we had to make another trip to DTD for that one! My new kitchen items were a stainless coffee scoop with a Mickey glove on the handle & a spatula. And DH just had to get the new Mickey Crocs! lol

So many new cool things, if anyone has any q's I'd be happy to try & help! :mickey:

TheVBs
06-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Sounds like you had a great time shopping! :mickey: I would love to know what the hipster bag and the new Mickey Crocs look like.

Minniemouse15
07-22-2010, 05:33 PM
I really want a gray disney sweatshirt that says Walt disney world 2010 or something like that. Also i would really love to build a Mr.Potato head because in the past few years my parents have said no :( and of course some new pins to add to my collection.:)

darthmacho
07-22-2010, 05:47 PM
My most important purchases are always t-shirts, but I always look for a calendar, cds with park music, keychains, and location specific souveniers, especially if the item has the name of a ride, park, or resort. :mickey:

Oh, yes, and i almost forgot...we always get a WDW Christmas ornament specific to the year of our visit!

goofy89
07-22-2010, 06:03 PM
For my next trip I definitely want some sweatshirts, t-shirts, mugs, basically everything! Oh and I can't leave without some coconut patties and coffee! :mickey:

Imag1neer
07-22-2010, 06:10 PM
I'll probably be looking for some '80s era EPCOT Center shirts along with a new travel mug. My last one had a good run before I dropped it.

comicguy
07-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Some new Mr. PH parts and a new WDW Polo shirt

Disneymom201
07-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Definite is a 2010 Christmas ornament. My youngest son has started collecting Vinylmation...so D-Street here we come!

2005 - 2007 Off Property
2008 Grand Floridian
2009 Wilderness Lodge
2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge...surprise for the kids!

tinksmom02
08-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I always get a Christmas ornament to remember each trip, and lots of pins...DD likes to trade them, but I collect pins from the different resorts we visit, and special events.

Since we'll be there at the beginning of Dec. I'm hoping to get the Mr. potato head for my nephew (and maybe my niece, too), and the my little pony for my other niece, as xmas gifts.

I want another family sculpture from Epcot, too...

klb
08-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Mickey glasses for the kitchen and those socks with the Mickey puffy things on the heels.

Suz36
08-22-2010, 10:04 PM
New Tinkerbell and Fab 5 magnets for my car to replace the ones that were stolen!:thedolls:

LVT
09-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Fun. I found WDW D-rings clips at a main street MK store. I have a Sorcerer's hat and get lots of comments on it, I did not get more and regret it.
It is also time for another watch, a hat and of course, a tree ornament.
Thanks for the reminders, I put my list in the spread sheet.

crltkcagle
09-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Pins, coffee mugs, jewelry, t-shirts, and of course toys toys and more toys that my kids want!

angua85
10-07-2010, 06:52 PM
A new christmas ornament, a key chain :blush:(my old one is broken!), a sweatshirt, gifts for my DD who couldnt come with me.

bostonsam
10-07-2010, 07:28 PM
always get a magnet,tree ornament & shirt...kids will probably want something that glows and a hat

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
My list is:

If I find a resort music CD, it's MINE!!!
If I find something with Tapestry of Dreams soundtrack, IT'S MINE!!!
Always pick up a calendar
Always get a pen
2 car antenna toppers
I think I'll pick up more kitchen things (spoon rest and glasses)
resort magnet for the fridge
Whatever stocking stuffers I can sneak
Christmas Ornament
Anything Halloween I have to have.
Bag of Kona Coffee from the Poly
AKL print of some sort

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I broke my WDW sunglasses while coaching, so that is first on my list. In addition, all of my DKs have outgrown their crocs, so we will buy them a new pair and lastly, we have decided to begin pin trading.

Oh.... same with our crocs... where can we find them at the parks?

mickeys_princess_mom
10-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Oh.... same with our crocs... where can we find them at the parks?

So cool to see this thread still rolling along! You can get them several places--some of the resorts, too. Try the Emporium and DTD.:wave:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-11-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm adding to my shopping list... a pearl from Japan

GusNJacque
10-13-2010, 12:32 PM
It's so interesting to read how many people buy things for their kitchen. I thought I was the only one that did that. :chef:

I have a question about the mixing bowls that so many of you mentioned. How do you typically transport them home--particularily if you are flying?

So back to the question at hand. I typically don't spend alot on purses. I would rather have several cheaper ones than one expensive one. BUT I think I may have to have a D & B purse. :spend:

Going to the Christmas party--so I need a shirt or something from that.

Definately something for the kitchen.

Got to get some gingerbread to take home. So many things to get!

bopeepfan
10-16-2010, 04:33 PM
I always keep my eye out for Tinker Bell figurines, but I haven't seen any I've had to have on the last few trips.

I would love to find some Mickey sprinkles to bring home though!
My Mom bought mickey sprinkles at the gift shop at the All Star Movies resort. They are really cute.

We're going to start pin trading this year!
I love pin trading and I buy pins almost everytime I go to Disney! It is a lot of fun.

Hm..I really don't plan what to buy, the only thing I planned to buy was my D&B bag, which I got last time I was at Disney.

AdventurerKim
10-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Pins pins pins! And anything HM that's new and any new antennae toppers and wash clothes. :thumbsup: