PDA

View Full Version : Vinylmation Figurines

queenmom9497
05-23-2010, 06:19 PM
My DD is wanting a full set of Muppet vinylmation characters. She has found them online but is wondering if they are available for sale at WDW somewhere....does anyone know? Can you buy an entire 'set' or do they have to be purchased separately? Any idea of the cost for these? Are they about the same price as online? We will be heading to WDW in 28 days! :mickey: Thanks for any information you have!

Figment!
05-23-2010, 07:10 PM
D-Street at Downtown Disney Westside is probably the best place to find Vinyalmation figures.

Downtown Disney: Two new stores, Enhanced Theater Experience (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=167839)

D-Street Video from the Official Disney Parks Blog (http://www.viddler.com/simple_on_site/1076071e)

wdwnomad
05-23-2010, 10:18 PM
The only way to get a whole set at once is to buy a "tray" aka case of them. Getting the whole tray though you will be getting two sets plus the chaser and an extra figure. It is expensive to do it this way but I think there is slight discount on the tray as opposed to buying them separately.

If you don't want two sets then Disney is just starting to trade the figures. Right now the only place I know to offically trade them is at D-Street in Downtown Disney. You can trade your extra Muppets there for other figures in another series. Disney is supposed to be rolling out other places to trade but I think it is still a work in progress.

If you don't want to get the whole tray then you would have to get them separately. I am not sure if you know but doing it this way you are buying them blind (you don't know what you are getting until you buy it). You most likely will be getting a lot of duplicates.

Each individual figure is $9.95 plus tax. I think a case is like $220 or somewhere in that range.

i'm grumpy
05-26-2010, 04:37 PM
At least 2 or 3 stores had black numbered boxes on the counter. I assume that's what they were for. :confused: One was at DHS across from 5&10. The other may have been Pop's gift shop.

cajunmickey
05-30-2010, 04:18 PM
Just like the last post said you are buying blind. They have signs to that effect. My DS likes the pins and bought quite a few and was lucky he did not get any duplicated. His girlfriend wanted a certain key chain. They bought several and never got the one she wanted. I didn't notice them trading at D-street. We went there twice I wish I would have known this.

Scrappy2
06-23-2010, 10:00 AM
We just got back a couple of weeks ago and you can trade them anywhere now. All the stores have them to trade as well as the gift shops in the hotels. When we were there they had about 3 -5 that you could see to trade or a box that you traded blind. If you are only wanting the muppet series you would run your self crazy trying to find just those to trade. The ones that are out to trade work just like the pins. You trade yours for theirs.

Disney4Fun
05-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Do I dare say buy them individually on ebay... some of the common ones sell for less than you can buy them without knowing which one your getting at Disney World. Others sell for more but at least each time you're getting what you want. Just an idea.

Young@Heart
05-27-2011, 11:35 PM
We are addicted to Vinylmation trading! haha We love to collect them as well (I love both cutesters sets, the keychains, and anything "girly" while my husband has a varried collection). But the trading adds an entirely new dimension to collecting. Last trip, we all started carrying one or two vinylmations to parks, DTD, and even other resorts when we went there for meals. We had fun trading repeatedly, and had some pretty hysterical moments when we all kept getting one particular figure again and again! :stitch2:

Also, a CM at a local Disney Store told me they will soon be carrying the boxes for trading at the stores (something I've been asking regional stores about for months)! I can't wait! I've been carrying a not-so-favorite Vinylmation with me, just in case that were to happen.

Wolf
10-03-2011, 02:11 PM
We are addicted to Vinylmation trading! haha We love to collect them as well (I love both cutesters sets, the keychains, and anything "girly" while my husband has a varried collection). But the trading adds an entirely new dimension to collecting. Last trip, we all started carrying one or two vinylmations to parks, DTD, and even other resorts when we went there for meals. We had fun trading repeatedly, and had some pretty hysterical moments when we all kept getting one particular figure again and again! :stitch2:

Also, a CM at a local Disney Store told me they will soon be carrying the boxes for trading at the stores (something I've been asking regional stores about for months)! I can't wait! I've been carrying a not-so-favorite Vinylmation with me, just in case that were to happen.

Just for a laugh, did the duplicate figure happen to be the bearded guy??? Me and my Mom are super into Vinyls and kept getting that one when we did blind-trades!