PDA

View Full Version : November ADR's Need help please...

merrymouse
05-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Hi all, I was hoping you all could give me some advice for ADR's for November. We will probably go with the regular dining plan as we have three kids 14, 12 and 8 and will get the most for our money this way. We will be in the World Nov 11th arriving early and leaving Nov 17th leaving late. We will be celebrating our anniversery on Monday Nov 15th so keep that in mind also. Here are our park plans for the week:

Thurs Nov 11th MK
Fri Nov 12th MGM (yes, I still call it MGM)
Sat Nov 13th Epcot
Sun Nov 14 AK
Mon Nov 15th is a toss up maybe Epcot or MGM?? Anniversary day
Tues Nov 16th MK
Wed Nov 17th AK or DTD or whatever, departure day 7:30pm flight

So I am totally overwhelmed. I do not know where to even begin. We would like to do as little hoofing around for food as possible as we are big ride people. So keep in mind proximity to the park we are at etc. I know this is asking alot but who better to ask then the foodie experts

More about us, my kids are really past the age of character meals so not a huge draw for us but would be a big no no either. We are traveling with 3 neighbors and possibly my sister and kids also so we plan to do the Hoop Dee Do on Tues night Nov 16th. Right now we are at 18 people which could balloon up to 21 if my sister comes. Im thinking of skipping the MVMCP as like I said earlier we are more into rides then parades etc.

One more thing, I have never been to disney when the parks close so early. I was thinking of making our TS for lunches as we have done in the past but with the parks closing so early this would eat up a bunch of our ride time. Is is really hard to get TS after the parks close. And what the heck can we do at night????

We would love to try to new places this time. We have been to the following places:

Epcot: Japanese place (where they cook in front of you) dinner
That place where maybe Turtle talk is where you walk up and order, cannot remember the name??? for lunch

MK: 1900 Park Fair for cinderalla dinner
Caseys--lunch
Cosmic rays--lunch
Pinnochio--lunch
AK: Boma-dinner buffet
Tusker house--lunch

MGM: 50's prime time --- I think--lunch
Mama Melrose-- dinner

I'm sure we ate at more places than this but it was 4 years ago and I cannot remember....

Thanks so much for all your help in the past and I hope you can help me now as I have no clue.

merrymouse
05-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Oops, I forgot to add we will have park hoppers so no problem switchi:party:ng parks. THANK YOU

merrymouse
05-23-2010, 01:34 PM
I just remembered we had breakfast at Crystal Palace also...

Zippy 1
05-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Try Ohana's for after the parks close. It is at the Poly and great. When parks close early we do Downtown Disney. We shop and go to Disney Quest. This is also the time we resort hop. Check out the holiday decorations at each of the resorts. There are some great dinning choices at the resorts. Depends on what you are looking for. Also for entertainment try the Boardwalk. We have never been there but I hear it is great at night!!

njgoof
05-23-2010, 03:11 PM
We are going down the same time as you.. and we are using the standard dining plan. have you considered the liberty tree tavern in magic kingdom? the food is good, no characters. also check out ohana's at the polynasian resort, great food.

I would take a look at disneyworld.com and check out the dining section, there are menus for most of the full service dining establishments. that made our lives a little easier when making the reservations.

also I think you are refering to Tepan-Edo the Japanese hibachi in Epcot. we have not dined there but it is on our list, we are also going to dine at Le Celier in the Canada Pavilion, we had dinner there last time and it was good.

merrymouse
05-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Try Ohana's for after the parks close. It is at the Poly and great. When parks close early we do Downtown Disney. We shop and go to Disney Quest. This is also the time we resort hop. Check out the holiday decorations at each of the resorts. There are some great dinning choices at the resorts. Depends on what you are looking for. Also for entertainment try the Boardwalk. We have never been there but I hear it is great at night!!We did Ohana's once before and it is definitely on the list. I think the last time we went there my youngest was only 18 months old so it would be fun to do it again. I've never been to the boardwalk area but its a must do this time. I have no idea where it is or how to get there though...hmmm Ill have to figure that out.

merrymouse
05-23-2010, 05:36 PM
We are going down the same time as you.. and we are using the standard dining plan. have you considered the liberty tree tavern in magic kingdom? the food is good, no characters. also check out ohana's at the polynasian resort, great food.

I would take a look at disneyworld.com and check out the dining section, there are menus for most of the full service dining establishments. that made our lives a little easier when making the reservations.

also I think you are refering to Tepan-Edo the Japanese hibachi in Epcot. we have not dined there but it is on our list, we are also going to dine at Le Celier in the Canada Pavilion, we had dinner there last time and it was good.Thanks, I would like to try LeCellier I had ressies last time but never made it, I cannot remember why. There were a bunch more places we ate and I just don't remember. Ohana's we had for dinner, very enjoyable and Kona cafe fro breakfast once also. Also that old steak place in the contemporary (can't remember the name but I don't think its there anymore) and also we had chef mickeys for breakfast. Its all coming back to me slow but sure.

KAT1811
05-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Thurs Nov 11th MK 'Ohana, Trails End Buffet, Grand Floridian Cafe
Fri Nov 12th MGM (yes, I still call it MGM) Yachtsman Steakhouse or Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Sat Nov 13th Epcot Tutto Italia or Le Cellier
Sun Nov 14 AK Tusker House breakfast
Mon Nov 15th is a toss up maybe Epcot or MGM?? Anniversary day California Grill
Tues Nov 16th MK Hoop-Dee-Doo Review is fabulous
Wed Nov 17th AK or DTD or whatever, departure day 7:30pm flight Portobello

I gave my suggestions in pink next to your itinerary. We are doing Tusker House breakfast before the park opens so that we can get a headstart when we are finished.

Yachtsman Steakhouse is our favorite and a short boatride or a decent walk from DHS (a.k.a MGM).

Portobello is a fabulous restaurant. We ate there by chance on our last trip and it was amazing!!!!

I hope this helps!!!! Have an amazing trip!!!

Ropachs
05-29-2010, 08:18 PM
We did Ohana's once before and it is definitely on the list. I think the last time we went there my youngest was only 18 months old so it would be fun to do it again. I've never been to the boardwalk area but its a must do this time. I have no idea where it is or how to get there though...hmmm Ill have to figure that out.

merrymouse,
This is off-topic, but I just have to commend you on spelling the word definitely correctly! So many people (everywhere, not specifically Intercot folks) spell it with an a instead of an e at the end. Apparently it is one of the most common spelling errors in the English language. And that is my public service annoucement for the day. ;)

merrymouse
05-30-2010, 10:48 AM
merrymouse,
This is off-topic, but I just have to commend you on spelling the word definitely correctly! So many people (everywhere, not specifically Intercot folks) spell it with an a instead of an e at the end. Apparently it is one of the most common spelling errors in the English language. And that is my public service annoucement for the day. ;):DThank you.

merrymouse
05-30-2010, 10:55 AM
I gave my suggestions in pink next to your itinerary. We are doing Tusker House breakfast before the park opens so that we can get a headstart when we are finished.

Yachtsman Steakhouse is our favorite and a short boatride or a decent walk from DHS (a.k.a MGM).

Portobello is a fabulous restaurant. We ate there by chance on our last trip and it was amazing!!!!

I hope this helps!!!! Have an amazing trip!!!

Thanks for your suggestions. I don't know why I am so stumped this time. I think because last trip we did the all the "must do's" and I want to try all new this time but there aren't that many really good ones to choose from. Maybe I will just have to do a couple of new ones and stick with some old but good repeat places. Im also considering changing my entire "days at which park" so I can have two whole days at MK since the hours are so short in Nov. UGH! I have to get this nailed down...last night I had a dream I got a FD pin..Geesh I think Im obsessing:D