PDA

View Full Version : In-flight Entertainment on Southwest?

alaMode
05-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Hola!
My DS and I will be flying down to WDW in 2 weeks!
We're trying to remember what the in-flight entertainment is like on Southwest.
DH says there isn't any at all. Is that true? If so, I better pack the portable DVD player!

Thanks for your input!

jonsmom
05-23-2010, 12:38 PM
No entertainment, just the flight crew :)

Fangorn
05-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Other than the occasional member of the flight crew who is practicing their stand-up routine or auditioning for American Idol, there isn't any on-board entertainment.

Unless you count watching the the other passengers and making up stories about them as entertainment.

Steve

cer
05-23-2010, 02:41 PM
It is B-Y-O-E....

"Bring your own entertainment...."

Genie1953
05-23-2010, 04:36 PM
We flew southwest last month and no entertainment.....but alot of parents brought along portable dvd players and the kids were watching those.

javamama
05-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Finding a seat for your family is entainment for lots of passengers I noticed, it was my first time flying them! Wow, that was something different. We had a dvd player for our kids, nintendo ds', and our laptop. It really wasn't bad at all, since it's a short haul flight from chicago we never get inflight entainment anyways, so it's not different than any other airline.

Ed
05-24-2010, 07:39 AM

That's for sure. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnOxvbGOTbM) :D

eeyorepoohfan
05-24-2010, 07:36 PM

:ditto: :funny:

I've seen lots of parents using portable DVD players or laptops. And don't forget to pack books, crayons, paper, etc. Those are still always good to have on hand!