PDA

View Full Version : East Coast Beaches

d_m_n_n
05-23-2010, 10:38 AM
We are heading from Indiana to Charleston for a couple of days in August and looking for a nice beach community to spend some time at. I've considered Myrtle Beach, but we are looking for someplace that is quiet and not as touristy. Before we stayed at Isle of Palms and really enjoyed it! Does anyone know of a good beach town between Charleston and Virginia (and we don't need a resort of any kind...Holiday Inn will work fine for us)? :)

kathiep
05-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Have you looked into the Outer Banks? I think there are quite a few places there that would fit your needs.

Advnt05
05-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I would second the Outer Banks. Hilton head Island is also not a bad choice but not necessarily know for the beaches.

mom2mickeyfan
05-25-2010, 12:57 PM
I've never been there but I live in SC and lots of people around here love Fripp Island. My friend's father likes to go here and what he really likes is quiet. Edisto Beach is another quiet beach. Oh...just had a friend that went to Tybee Island and had a great time. But I think all of these including Hilton Head are south of Charleston so none of them are between VA and Charleston, SC.

cardinalsfan_98
05-25-2010, 02:34 PM
If you aren't looking for anything but the beach experience, the Outer Banks would be the choice. (we live 1 hour from there) Although, more and more "touristy" things have popped up in recent years. Our personal favorite is Myrtle Beach only because there is a whole lot more to do there away from the beach as compared to the Outer Banks. Either way, you can't go wrong with the Atlantic Ocean:thumbsup:

jrkcr
06-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Gets another vote. We LOVE Ocracoke!!!!

diz_girl
06-21-2010, 10:25 AM
How about Pawley's Island, SC?

It is very quiet and not touristy at all. It's also a bit easier to get to/from than the Outer Banks. I've never been to Isle of Palms, but from what I understand, Pawley's Island is more low-key than Isle of Palms. I've heard it's what Isle of Palms used to be like, before that place started to get too well-known. Pawley's Island is a little bit south of Myrtle Beach, so if you crave some nightlife, Myrtle Beach isn't far away.