PDA

View Full Version : POR or POFQ?

the other micki
05-23-2010, 01:42 AM
Which one of these should we consider? It will be me, my DD16, DS10 and DS8. We're going in Sept. so we need a good pool! Any opinions appreciated :thumbsup:

JoDisney
05-23-2010, 06:38 AM
With children those ages, I would recommend POR. The pool at FQ is smaller. The plus with FQ is that the resort is also smaller. However as my sons got into their teenage years, they did not want to go back to FQ. I missed it, as I was there only a few times many years ago. We choose either AKL (most frequently) or POR. The thing about POR and POFQ is that you can use either pool, but we did not want the hassle of staying at one resort and going to the pool at the other.

Pete Olsen
05-23-2010, 07:00 AM
With kids at those ages, I would also go with POR. The food court is much larger with more options. The resort is more active. Great swimming area. Boat & bike rentals are at POR. POFQ is more laid back. POFQ should be a great choice.

#1donaldfan
05-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd say Riverside....great food, 5 quiet pools, one main pool, big arcade, boat / bike rentals....plenty to do for all !!!!:thumbsup:

mamasun
05-23-2010, 09:55 AM
We love POFQ! Love the size- don't have to walk to far to anything, especially the boat to DTD. Did not stay there last time and truly missed it. POFQ is also first for pick-up if the bus is sharing b/w the 2 resorts.

LudwigVonDrake
05-23-2010, 11:21 AM
POFQ is a much smaller, compact resort plus it has beignets :tasty:

HoosierDisneyFan
05-23-2010, 12:12 PM
We have stayed at both and enjoy both so there is not a "wrong" choice. I would likely select POR if you have active kids who would like the bigger pool (and bigger arcade). It also has the boat & bike rental, fishing, larger gift shop, larger food court, etc.

We personally prefer POFQ for it's smaller size and easy access to buses (shorter walk to buses and back to the room after a long day at the parks). Also the shared bus line normally picks up at POFQ first (i.e. you can get a seat) and drops off first (i.e. get back to the resort faster).

Both have access to the boat to DTD. Also there is a 10 munte walk between the 2 resorts (paved path along the river) so you can enjoy both resorts if you prefer.

the other micki
05-23-2010, 07:12 PM
POFQ is a much smaller, compact resort plus it has beignets :tasty:

I live in Louisiana and it's a shame I don't eat beignets more often! Thanks for the opinions everyone! Anybody else? :D

Fastpasssteve
05-23-2010, 11:57 PM
The Port Orleans French Quarter has so much character, is smaller, and has a great pool that features dragon theming. I have stayed at Deluxe Resorts the last few times, and I must say, I miss POFQ. I may have to revisit this resort. I've had some very good times there in the past. The food court is good and features true beignets! Delicious, and available only at this resort.

JoDisney
05-24-2010, 10:02 AM
The POFQ sea serpent pool is a great theme. Your teens may find it is too small, though. You can have access to the POR pool, if you want to go there. I think POR food court is much better, also, as do our teens. There is no disputing that POFQ is smaller and has easy access to pool, bus, and food court wherever location your room. POR is larger, but has quiet pools along with main pool, bus stops at different building clusters, a great food court, fishing, biking, and marina. Both resorts have the boat to DTD. Check out youtube if you want to see each resort.

OnceUponADream93
05-24-2010, 10:49 AM
POFQ, for sure! This is a favorite that I don't think people appreciate until they stay there. Everything is in a close vicinity, which is a definite plus if you have children, and while the pool is smaller, that's still not saying that it's small. Lol. It's still a good sized pool with a good slide, and you can't help but to have fun. The atmosphere itself makes it worth it. :cloud9: