faline
05-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Thursday, May 13, 2010

Plan for the Day:
Epcot
Boardwalk Baker for lunch
Boatwright’s Dining Hall for dinner

How the Day Really Goes:
This trip is turning into Adventures in Travel which is my term for those things that inevitably go wrong during a trip. I call them Adventures because that is how I feel one must approach solving the issues that are presented. Sometimes the issues are minor and there is no need to stress about them; sometimes they can be solved such as the issue with our initial room; and sometimes you just need to deal with what has been handed to you.

Before I went to bed last evening I, of course, brushed my teeth and flossed. While I tend to write fairly detailed trip reports, I understand that including grooming habits is beginning to get a little TOO detailed. The reason I have included this is because that simple, daily habit developed into a new Adventure in Travel. While flossing, I felt a strange sensation. When I looked down, I discovered my tooth sitting on the counter top! My tooth literally broke and fell out of my mouth! Fortunately, it is a tooth from the back of my mouth so does not detract from my overall appearance. However, I have no idea if I will now be experiencing tooth pain 1500 miles from home! Ironically, I had a routine dentist appointment two weeks before this trip and was told all was well and they’d see me in six months! Although there was no pain when the tooth broke, I do not know what I will face in the next few days. We’re scheduled to here for another full week! So, right now, it’s one day at a time!

When I wake up this morning, I am, thankfully, still pain free – a good sign. We take a bus to El Centro thinking we’ll get something quick in the little bakery. Look at that line! No way are we standing in that line! We head back out to the bus stop and only wait a few minutes for an Epcot bus to come along. While on the bus, we decide we’ll wait a couple of hours and just have lunch instead of hunting down some breakfast fare. We’re located so close to Epcot, it hardly takes any time before we arrive there. We walk in shortly before opening. There’s a line for Spaceship Earth but they haven’t let anyone in and it’s clear that it will be hardly no wait at all so we join the line. When they open, it only takes 5 minutes to be seated. I think we’ll get a fast pass for Test Track. The stand-by line is listed as 10 minutes and the wait is really only the length of the time it takes to walk through the building. They’re not even holding folks in the space before the film or in the room with the film. Both doors are open and we simply walk through which is somewhat of a disappointment because I do enjoy the pre-show! We are immediately seated in our vehicle and test our vehicle. Mission:Space is a walk-on. We do the green side but the orange side is also listed as a minimal wait. With our mission complete, we head to Universe of Energy. Here we need to wait about 5 minutes before we’re allowed into the pre-show. Strangely, one of the vehicles is missing. It’s close to 11 when we exit and we’re now quite hungry.

I had thought we might take a walk out to the Boardwalk Bakery and try a sandwich from there. Gene suggests we go to France instead as it is closer. Along the way, he suggests trying the Rose and Crown. But, when he inquires, he finds that they won’t begin serving until noon and Boulangerie Patisserie won’t begin serving until 11:30. I know the Boardwalk Bakery has sandwiches available at 11 so we make the walk.

I order a turkey sandwich with chips while Gene has tuna and chips. This will be the first solid food I’ve tried to consume since I lost my tooth. I need to eat slowly as I don’t want to chew on the side with the missing tooth. We sit and eat while looking out over the lagoon. The view is great but, unfortunately we are seated in the full sun as all the tables in the shade were already taken. The sandwiches are generous, not overly expensive and very good. We complete our meals and I am still pain free which is a good thing. We walk back to Epcot and head over to Germany. By time we arrive, we’re quite warm from a combination of sitting out in the sun, the walk, and an increase in humidity. Since we’re arrived, we’ve been pleasantly surprised by the lack of humidity but that is beginning to change this afternoon. After wandering the shops in Germany, we each get a beer. There are no tables available in the pavilion so we head towards benches in the shade along the water. They’re taken but a very nice couple offers to share their bench with us. We sit and sip and enjoy the view. Epcot is not very crowded today and this interlude is very relaxing.

When we finish our beer, we wander through Italy and then walk to the American Adventure. The Fife and Drum Corps is just emerging so we stay and watch. After they move on, we enter the building and enjoy a performance by the Voices of Liberty. They are just wonderful! When their performance is complete, we head up the stairs and into the theater. I love this show but it also makes me very sleepy! Quite a large dose of patriotism today!

Japan is next. We watch a little girl pick a pearl. She is so happy with her selection! There is now an exhibit of photographs so we view that. We don’t spend much time in Morocco. We move on to France intending to watch the film there but decide, instead, to return home. A bus is waiting at our bus stop when we emerge from the park. It’s a quick ride back to Coronado Springs and we are soon back in the air conditioned coolness of our room!

Around 5, we head out of our room to catch a bus to El Centro for our reservation at Maya Grill. While we are walking to the bus stop, we see two buses go by. Any bus but Downtown Disney will get us to El Centro. Once at the bus stop, we wait a few minutes before a Magic Kingdom bus shows up. Since we’re only going one stop we wait for everyone else to board first. The driver is doubtful we will make it aboard as he has a very full bus. We explain we are only going one stop. He’s fine as long as we are generally behind the yellow line. I suspect that not everyone at El Centro who wanted to go to Magic Kingdom made it on the bus - it's that full!

We’re early for our reservation at Maya Grill. We have a wonderful server! She’s rooting for the Celtics to win and tells us Doc Rivers is from Orlando – something we did not know! We select a Portabello mushroom for an appetizer. Quite yummy! Dinner is prime rib for both of us. Our server suggests blue cheese to accompany the rib. As Gene is a blue cheese fan, she brings him a big bowl to go with the prime. The prime is okay but is a bit chewier than we would like. Still our server is excellent – very attentive and wonderful to talk to!

After dinner we head back to the lakeside bar. We do not see the gator tonight though we do see a snapping turtle. We decide it’s time to go home when the lady at the next table lights a cigar! Before heading home, we go to the bakery and pick up a couple of pieces of cake and a small carton of milk. I think we’ll have breakfast in our room tomorrow morning. We also visit the store and buy a new cup for Gene.
We walk home and along the way see a tiny bunny rabbit! It’s been another lovely day! I’m feeling very relaxed and quite happy!

Jeff
05-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Thanks for another great report Linda.
I sure hope your tooth loss did not turn out to be "an adventure"!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-23-2010, 03:34 PM
We do the same thing - having "adventures" - hey, there are some things you just can't do much about.

Hope your tooth held up, and doesn't cause too many issues.

artyboy
05-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Nice relaxing pace...thanks for the report!

#1disneyfan
05-23-2010, 04:44 PM
You are a great spokesperson for the Coronado Springs Resort. I have never had a desire to stay there until now. Sounds like a relaxing and beautiful resort...minus the lady smoking the cigar!

yjgirl32
05-23-2010, 09:13 PM
So glad to hear about your tooth being ok. I hope it stays that way.

KylesMom
05-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Oh no! I just encountered the same thing in January of this year, and it's awful when you realize that it's your tooth laying on the counter! I hope that you continue to be pain-free and that this event doesn't warrant an emergency trip to an unknown dentist! :(

The stand-by line is listed as 10 minutes and the wait is really only the length of the time it takes to walk through the building. They’re not even holding folks in the space before the film or in the room with the film. Both doors are open and we simply walk through which is somewhat of a disappointment because I do enjoy the pre-show! Isn't it somewhat of a let-down when you can't experience the attraction in its entirety? I don't like it when you aren't properly "prepped", either. What's the rush?! Another park with ample walk-ons, though. Very nice!

Another good server at your TS location, and another day filled with low waits for prime attractions. Yay! Hope the weather & crowds continue to smile on you guys. However, I do have to wonder when Gene's gonna get his first chocolate chip cookie! :mickey:

faline
05-24-2010, 10:11 AM
However, I do have to wonder when Gene's gonna get his first chocolate chip cookie! :mickey:

While I neglected to mention it, he's been having chocolate chip cookies regularly! At our grocery stop on the way to the resort, he bought quite a few! During the trip, he needed to replenish his supply!

DizNee143
05-24-2010, 02:45 PM
oh man..seems something is happening every day of this trip!
i really hope you had no major problems with your tooth for the rest of your trip!
sounds a great day you guys had though! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
05-27-2010, 07:25 AM
You definitely have the right attitude and name for the "adventures in travel", they seem to happen every trip and all we can do is make the best ourt of the situation that we are handed. Glad to read that your tooth isn't giving you any problems, hopefully it will remain that way thru the entire vacation.

vizsla
05-29-2010, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
06-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Linda,

I am so glad that your tooth did not turn into a DISASTER...

A wonderful day!

Thanks for the reports!

Julie:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: