PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake Towers questions

Tink33333
05-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I have a couple questions about the new Bay Lake Tower...
1. Can anyone stay there or do you have to be a DVC member?
2. Can anyone get up to the Top Of the World or do you have to be a DVC member?

ANG
05-22-2010, 11:38 AM
You do NOT have to be a DVC member to stay at BLT.

But you DO have to be a member (or be with a member) to go "to the Top of the World."

florida girl
05-23-2010, 08:47 AM
You not only have to be a member go to Top of the World, you have to be checked in at the time. We are members, but stayed at AKL last trip and tried to get into BLT to check it out and couldn't!

jnfr2424
05-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Our first trip to BLT we were not DVC members so we could not go to Top of the World (but we had a great MK view so it was awsome to stay in the privacy of our room balcony and check out Wishes BUT we did love BLT so much that we brought in and was lucky enough to check out Top of the World!

mjm12000
05-26-2010, 01:23 PM
We just returned from theBLT and are DVC members with our home resort being the BLT. You can stay at the BLT if you are not a DVC member, however to access the Top of the World Lounge you must be a DVC member staying at the BLT resort, your Key to the world card is marked as a DVC member if you are one, if not you will not have this on your card and they will not give you access to the lounge. Also an interesting point, even if you make friends with some DVC members while you are there they can not take you up with them as you can only have as many quests with you as are staying in your room as a DVC member.

Now I realize many think this is too strict and un fair but remember membership should have it's privilidges when you are paying upwards of 20,000 for a membership.

Scar
05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Now I realize many think this is too strict and un fair but remember membership should have it's privilidges when you are paying upwards of 20,000 for a membership.mjm,

I agree that DVC should have privilidges, but let me ask this, was there a crowd when you were there? Every picture I have seen the place was empty. I suspect that if Disney does not make enough money to justify keeping it open only to DVC guests, they may have no choice but to open it up to other guests.

PlutoPlanet
05-27-2010, 11:55 AM
We stayed at BLT on points the week before Palm Sunday. The lounge was not crowded at all. Perhaps they will open up the lounge to more people eventually.

mjm12000
05-27-2010, 12:05 PM
It was very quiet everytime we were up there and we spoke with many of the staff and I get the feeling that eventually what they may do is open it up to at least DVC members staying there and any quests they wish to bring up with them and or to any guest staying in the resort. I think as long as they keep it exclusive to the people staying in the resort and their quests then it would be busy enough to be profitable and yet still manageable.