PDA

View Full Version : Guess what Disney Dining told me about extra people....

Goofy4TheWorld
05-21-2010, 09:03 PM
I just got off the phone with Disney Dining and thought I would share my experience.

My trip in two weeks had a curve ball thrown at it yesterday when the group we are eating with for two of my ADRs picked up an additional grandchild for the trip. So I have been calling Disney Dining trying to change my party of 9 reservations at Whispering Canyon at 6:50 and Sci-Fi at 6:30 from party of 9 to party of 10.

No surprise, the first call came up empty. During today's call, the lady on the phone, after confirming no availability, said:

"If all you are needing to do is add one additional person, you can just show up with her and everything will be okay. As long as you are not trying to add 3 or more, you will be fine."

I said "I thought I had read where restaurants won't seat additional people" and she replied, "As long as it is not 3 or more people, you do not need to worry about it. Trying to add her to the reservation will just mess your times up anyway."

Has anyone else ever been told anything similiar by Disney Dining. I think this is an isolated case of someone spreading Pixie Dust that they aren't allowed to spread, but I thought I would see if anyone else has been told this. :shrug:

No flaming posts please :thedolls:

tundramom
05-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Not exactly the conversation I had but....when I explained that we had a single friend joining us for some of our trip, just not sure which days, I was told: "Don't worry about it, just show up with him". Now, granted, we are talking about fluctuating between party of 3 or 4, which essentially is the same size table. I am sure a 4 y/o won't take up that much more room.:party:

Fastpasssteve
05-22-2010, 02:24 AM
In my experience working at restaurants and going to Disney, I find it's not a problem going from an odd number of people to an even number assuming you're simply adding one person...for the table will be the same size.

Consider: If you have a reservation for three people, the party will require a table the can acommodate four anyway...a two-top would have been too small for the original three. So, whether you have three at a table that seats four, or four at a table that seats four, it doesn't matter...except for the size of the waiter's tip!

The same goes for pushing tables together for larger numbers.

Now, going from a party of four to a party of FIVE would require an entirely different table. That would be where the strife begins!

elmjimmlm
05-22-2010, 02:35 AM
Our experience in August was similar except we had 2... My Mom decided the day before we were leaving to fly down and join us with my niece... I had already had all of my ADRs and I called Disney to find out what could be done about the addition... I was told the same thing as you... When we arrived at each restaurant, we had no problem getting them in... This was also during free dining and we went from a party of 5 to 7...

Joannelet
05-22-2010, 08:53 AM
We've had to add 2 to our table as well and just walked in with them and added them in at the hostess/host stand. They had no problem adding them.

brownie
05-22-2010, 03:43 PM
You may have to wait a bit longer, but this is my understanding of how things work. If you try to update the reservation, you actually have to cancel it and make a new one. If you do that, it's possible someone else can snag your time slot before you rebook it.

Jillirose
05-22-2010, 09:26 PM
We've shown up with one more and one less on different occassions and had no problems. I don't think you'll have any problems, especially since it is a child you will be adding.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-22-2010, 10:35 PM
We showed up with 3 extras at Spoodles a couple of years ago and it wasn't a problem for us.

#1donaldfan
05-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Our experience in August was similar except we had 2... My Mom decided the day before we were leaving to fly down and join us with my niece... I had already had all of my ADRs and I called Disney to find out what could be done about the addition... I was told the same thing as you... When we arrived at each restaurant, we had no problem getting them in... This was also during free dining and we went from a party of 5 to 7...

I agree !! :cool:

beckylovestink
05-23-2010, 09:53 AM
I was just going to call about this today...My sister and her husband with a 1 year old have decided to join us in disney in September. We are a party of 4 as it. It would be addding 2 adults and I child.
Any advice on how I should handle this? We would really like to sit together. Should I call or should we just show up and see what happens?:confused:

mamasun
05-23-2010, 10:00 AM
On our trip in April we added 3 to Le Cellier, Prime TIme, and to our Fantasmic Package at Hollywood and Vine. We were nervous about LeCellier but they came through! Disney wants to make everyone as happy as possible!