PDA

View Full Version : What is the best thing you've bought with snack points?

Pooshu11
05-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Hi Everyone,
My family and I just got back from WDW (was there from 5/6-5/14). We were on the dining plan, and as we were using our snack points on various items (mickey mouse rice crispies treats, candy apples, cotton candy in the tub, etc...) I started getting curious about what everyone else bought on their snack points and what was the cleverest thing they've ever gotten. So, what is the best thing you've gotten with snack points?

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-21-2010, 05:33 PM
caramel pecan cluster from the candy store on main st.

MuchLovedMama
05-21-2010, 05:45 PM
A big ol' ice cream sundae thing at Pop Century. It was like 3 scoops of ice cream with any topping imaginable. Ummm. Going back in September and can't wait to do it again. :party:

ransam
05-21-2010, 06:16 PM
i'm boring, usually just use it on pop or a frozen bananna. but one thing i noticed is that i almost always have extra snack credits at the end...

Mendelson
05-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Dole Whip Floats. Hands down the best, but I'm partial to these.

Ice-cream cookie sandwhich from Main St. Bakery

Beignets at POFQ

StitchFan#1
05-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Either a goofy glacier or a rice krispy mickey!!!! yummu

Pirate Granny
05-21-2010, 07:32 PM
BAKERY items at the CSR or the POR...once at FQ...you'll find $4 dessert...yum
:pirate:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-21-2010, 07:57 PM
I second the DoleWhip float with vanilla/pineapple swirl ice cream in it.

ANG
05-21-2010, 08:02 PM
I love the rice krispie treats!

But I always get the choc. dipped mickey head ice cream.

Alaska Disney Fan
05-21-2010, 08:43 PM
All the different snack items available at World Showcase during Food and Wine Festival, one from each country!!

Superzeus84
05-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Gotta go with a pretzel and Cheese or a Churro from MK!:number1:

Genie1953
05-22-2010, 01:44 AM
I don't know if they would be considered clever....but we loved the following:

Beignets (POFQ) - these were breakfast one day and afternoon snacks two other days
Ham and Cheese Croissants (Epcot-France) - this was lunch one day
Carrots and celery sticks with ranch dressing. One of us got this and the other got a pretzel. We split both and this made a very nice afternoon snack.

Fastpasssteve
05-22-2010, 02:03 AM
The grown-up in me loves the pastries at the Bakery in France, EPCOT...

...but the kid in me loves those Rice Krispie treats in the shape of Mickey...dipped in chocolate with sprinkles!

Mrs Bus Driver
05-22-2010, 08:47 AM
One morning on my last trip I didn't want a big breakfast and got oatmeal with all the fixings on the side (brown sugar, raisins and walnuts) and it was just a snack credit. Don't if anyone else likes oatmeal but if you do this is the best bargain around. :mickey:

TikiLounger
05-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Our favorites are...

Yogurt parfaits (Beach Club...I know they have them at other resorts, but they seem better at the Beach Club)

Carrot and Celery Sticks w/ranch

Jalapeno Pretzel with mustard

sugared almonds (just discovered these on the last trip)

Dole Whip

and theFood and WIne Festival Snacks:
Lamb Chops...Australia
Cabernet Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes...Paris
Cheddar Cheese Soup...Montreal
yum

andreallybadeggs
05-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Previous post reminded me of an unresolved question for you connoisseurs of those yummy treats. I like them a lot but the last couple of trips to the world have been just a smidge disappointed. A couple of years back I got some that were on a popsicle stick, had chocolate ears but no sprinkles and they were the yummiest I ever tasted. More moist, less "compact" (if that makes sense) than the ones you get in the parks.
Believe I got them at one of the resorts but can't remember which. Have you found that all
RK Mickeys are not created equal and, if so, where do you find your favorites? :mickey:

stephntampa
05-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Previous post reminded me of an unresolved question for you connoisseurs of those yummy treats. I like them a lot but the last couple of trips to the world have been just a smidge disappointed. A couple of years back I got some that were on a popsicle stick, had chocolate ears but no sprinkles and they were the yummiest I ever tasted. More moist, less "compact" (if that makes sense) than the ones you get in the parks.
Believe I got them at one of the resorts but can't remember which. Have you found that all
RK Mickeys are not created equal and, if so, where do you find your favorites? :mickey:

I agree, not all rice krispy treats are the same. The last one I purchased was at the Confectionary on Main St, but it was only good, not great! I recall purchasing one at a resort (not sure which one :blush:) that was fantastic. It was more marshmallowy.. like you said, less "compact".

cer
05-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Anything from the bakery in France...
Egg rolls in China - yum!
But you can't go wrong with a Dole Whip!

cer
05-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Either a goofy glacier or a rice krispy mickey!!!! yummu

Never have heard of a Goofy Glacier. I will have to keep my eye out for that one next time...

dmallan
05-22-2010, 06:24 PM
My favorite was the Napoleon in France, but runners up include the $7.50 lobster roll at the F&WF and yogurt parfaits for breakfast at POFQ. (Both are a great deal for a snack credit)

javamama
05-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Chicken fried rice at AK next by Yak and Yeti CS place it fed both my kids lunch! Plus I had one, and dh 3 snack for lunch for the 4 of us not too bad.
No if you ask my dd it would be carrots and celery
ds a mm ice cream bar
dh funnel cake

PittFan
05-23-2010, 01:19 PM
All the different snack items available at World Showcase during Food and Wine Festival, one from each country!!

:ditto:

GoBlueLacheta
05-23-2010, 04:21 PM
A little confused...Is this everyones favorite snacks or ones that people have used dining plan snack credits on...totally unaware that anything such as a dole whip could be redeemed with snack credits ???

Capt_redshirt
05-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Sushi and a cheese platter durring the food and wine festival

Pooshu11
05-23-2010, 10:12 PM
These are great snack point ideas! I'm gonna have use my points on these suggestions the next time I'm there. I did use one of my snack points on the fried rice platter at the counter service stand near Yak and Yeti's. I felt like I got a good deal b/c it was literally a meal! And I def agree about the mm rice crispies treats being different in consistency from the main street confectionary vs the ones packaged and sold at the resorts.

Scorpiosammy
05-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Im glad so many posters responded! My DH and I have been wondering what we could use our credits for thinking it was only soda, fruit, popcorn, etc but now our minds are wide open ;) Dole whips are one of our faves and since we now know its on the snack plan, yippie! :cloud9:

alicefan76
05-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Our favorite morning snack is a cinnamon roll from the main street bakery. It's SO HUGE it feeds at least 2 people.

As a side note we tried several times to get cotton candy and were told we couldn't use a snack credit because it was too "easy" to share.

We also got yummy coke floats at the vending cart just before EE.

Ropachs
05-24-2010, 04:35 PM
What's a Goofy Glacier? Do tell!!

g8rgirl29
05-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Dole Whip Float, Cinnamon-Glazed Almonds, and Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel.

Genie1953
05-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Dole Whip Float, Cinnamon-Glazed Almonds, and Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel.

Where do you find the Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel......sounds absolutely wonderful!

g8rgirl29
05-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Where do you find the Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel......sounds absolutely wonderful!
At AK, I think it is called Safari Pretzel, it is a little kiosk in Asia not far from Kali River Rapids. They are yummy!!!

Disneymom201
05-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Aside from anything in Main Street's Bakery, we really liked the Sweet Pretzels with Almonds from Kringla Bakeri Cafe in Norway.

2005 - 2007 Off Site
2008 Grand Floridian
2009 Wilderness Lodge
2010 Surprise trip for the kids to AKL!!!!!!!!

Pop Centurion
05-24-2010, 11:12 PM
As a side note we tried several times to get cotton candy and were told we couldn't use a snack credit because it was too "easy" to share.

I've never heard of any rules against sharing snacks when using credits on the DDP? I as well as others here have even shared CS meals.

Genie1953
05-24-2010, 11:51 PM
I've never heard of any rules against sharing snacks when using credits on the DDP? I as well as others here have even shared CS meals.

Same here!

JWB3
05-25-2010, 09:08 AM
Im glad so many posters responded! My DH and I have been wondering what we could use our credits for thinking it was only soda, fruit, popcorn, etc but now our minds are wide open ;) Dole whips are one of our faves and since we now know its on the snack plan, yippie! :cloud9:

Agreed! This has been a terriffic post and a great help! All along I thought of snacks as only an ice cream or rice krispie Mickey kind of thing. Really glad to learn that so much more fits into the snack category, especially all the stuff at Epcot. 132 days and counting!

PlutoPlanet
05-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Dole Whip

DisneyFr33k
05-25-2010, 12:08 PM
:ditto:

Same here. We always use up all our snack credits at the F&W Festival. The food is so good and filling, we count it as our lunch!! Can't wait to go back this October!

Ms. Mode
05-25-2010, 12:19 PM
i'm boring, usually just use it on pop or a frozen bananna. but one thing i noticed is that i almost always have extra snack credits at the end...

We are even more boring that this; we use our snack credits for water. Seems like we get plenty of food (with dessert) on the DP and this saves us buy something to drink. :blush:

AdventurerKim
05-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Capuccino float at Sleepy Hollow! I'd love one right now. :cloud9:

Sweetpea29488
05-25-2010, 02:51 PM
A big ol' ice cream sundae thing at Pop Century. It was like 3 scoops of ice cream with any topping imaginable. Ummm. Going back in September and can't wait to do it again. :party:

Don't you just love these?!!!:cloud9: We used alot of snack credits on these our last trip.

mom2Z&A
05-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Dole Whips & Dole Whip Float...DH & I went through 3 Snack Credits on these. Thank goodness DS doesn't like ice cream ;)

I didn't understand the fuss before but then I had one for the first time last month...and I'm looking forward to having another one on my next trip WDW :D