PDA

View Full Version : To bring our ouwn stroller or not?

Schmiv
05-21-2010, 02:18 PM
We are traveling to the Magical World :party: the last week in Aug. 2010 for an 8 day trip. with me will be DH & 3 DS ages 9, 7 & 2. Having been to The World before we know that the strollers that you rent are fabulous but #1 - they do not have reclining seats and #2 - you can't rent the strollers at the Boardwalk or anyplace outside of the Parks.:( (please correct me if I am mistaken)

So, I'm thinking, :confused: will it be better for me to bring my "little" stroller with the reclinable seat back so that after say, Illuminations when the baby is exhausted we can pop him into the stroller and he can fall off to sleep while the rest of us walk around?

Any and all suggestions would be most helpful. :thumbsup:

Wrigley
05-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Our dd was 2, turning 3, on our last trip, and we chose to bring our own stroller. We are so happy that we did! It was very convenient to get from the bus to the park gate-the walk to get into Epcot is esp. long and so this made it very easy for us-nobody had to carry her!!! I highly recommend taking your own stroller. We commented several times during our trip how happy we were that we brought our own!:mickey:

Strmchsr
05-21-2010, 03:24 PM
I would recommend bringing your own stroller for no other reason than price. When WDW went up on stroller prices last year you could literally buy a very nice stroller for the price of renting one during a WDW vacation. So, it'll save a good bit of money to bring your own.

KylesMom
05-21-2010, 03:34 PM
I, too would suggest your own. Until DS was too big to fit in his Graco stroller, we thoroughly enjoyed having it wherever we went - including our resort. :mickey:

IrishMickey
05-21-2010, 03:39 PM
I agree, bring your own, we rented strollers last year when we were at Disneyland, they were free of charge because we are Disney Visa people, but then we had to stop and get a new one to switch parks, had to wait in line to get them and so on.., Disney World is so much bigger that we will bring our stroller there for our December trip, have fun! :mickey:

allirae
05-21-2010, 04:33 PM
We always rented until Disney dramatically increased the price. We then spent less money to buy a very nice double stroller than we would have renting. But if you don't want to have to travel with it, there are some nice stroller rental companies in Orlando that provide nicer (reclining, etc.) strollers for the same or less $ than Disney. That way you will have it through your entire vacation, but not have to travel to WDW and back with it.

Madame Leona
05-21-2010, 04:52 PM
I like bringing our own. They are more comfortable and they are nice to have outside of the parks.

biodtl
05-21-2010, 07:41 PM
I would bring my own. In fact, I'm sad that dd is too big for one on our next trip - I love having a place to hang bags and having a drink holder and storage.

We had an umbrella style one which was larger than the usual ones - it had storage and canopy, etc, but still folded up small and light (MUCH easier to get on and off buses than the "flat folding" style).

And after a long day in the parks, having a stroller to make the sometimes long walk to buses, hotel rooms, etc is a lifesaver!

Schmiv
05-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Thank you so much for all the advice. I think you all helped me to make the right decision and that is bringing our own stroller.

:rocks: