PDA

View Full Version : Florida residency

gerald72
05-21-2010, 06:01 AM
What kind of proof do I need for Florida residency?
Does owning a timeshare and paying Florida taxes give me Florida residency?
What ID do they ask for?

ILoveLegos
05-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Florida Identification Card

United States Citizen proof of identity and requirements proof of identity and requirements:

Primary Identification

Gather one original or certified copy of the following documents:

*Certified United States birth certificate, including territories and District of Columbia
*Valid United States Passport or Passport Card
*Consular Report of Birth Abroad
*Certificate of Naturalization, Form N-550 or Form N-570
*Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561
NOTES
A birth certificate must be issued by a government agency. Hospital birth certificates cannot be accepted.

Please come prepared to present one of the listed identification documents as proof of citizenship or legal presence:

*When necessary, marriage certificates, court orders, or divorce decrees must be provided to tie the name on the primary identification to the name the customer would like to place on the driver license or identification card.

*Proof of Social Security Number
Gather one original or certified copy of the following documents that show your social security number:

*Social Security card in your current full name
*W-2 form
*Pay check
*SSA-1099
*Any 1099

Proofs of Residential Address
Gather TWO different documents from the following list showing your residential address: (internet printouts or faxes of these documents are acceptable)

*Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or *residential rental/lease agreement
*Florida Voter Registration Card
*Florida Vehicle Registration or Title
*Florida Boat Registration or Title (if living on a boat/houseboat)
*Two proofs of residential address from applicant's parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the applicant resides, along with (see next)
*A statement from a parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the applicant resides, combined with two proofs of their residential address (see above)
*A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days of the application
*Automobile Payment Booklet
*Selective Service Card
*Medical or health card with address listed
*Current homeowner’s insurance policy or bill
*Current automobile insurance policy or bill
*Educational institution transcript forms for the current school year
*Unexpired professional license issued by a government agency in the U.S.
*W-2 form or 1099 form
*Form DS2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) status
*A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider, or a half-way house verifying that they receive mail for the customer. The letter must be accompanied by the Certification of Address Form (see next)
*Certification of Address Form combined with a letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider, or a half-way house (see above)
*Utility bills, not more than two months old
*Mail from financial institutions; including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than two months old
*Mail from Federal, State, County or City government agencies (including city and county agencies)
*Transients – Sexual Offender/Predator/Career Offender: - FDLE Registration form completed by local sheriff’s department

JROriole8Fan
05-21-2010, 08:40 AM
I just went thru this. The FL ID is no longer proof for FL residency discounts at the parks. You now need a FL Drivers license. This is not a Disney policy, it's true in all parks. If you have a FL ID already they will take it this year, but you can no longer get a FL ID at the DMV, you must get a FL Drivers License.

greengeen
05-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Owning a timeshare in Florida does not give you residency - if it did, half of the US would be FL residents. You're a resident of Pennsylvania, obviously!

ILoveLegos
05-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I just went thru this. The FL ID is no longer proof for FL residency discounts at the parks. You now need a FL Drivers license. This is not a Disney policy, it's true in all parks. If you have a FL ID already they will take it this year, but you can no longer get a FL ID at the DMV, you must get a FL Drivers License.

Um, just to clarify - you can still get a Florida ID, I just did in January. You just have to supply more identification and proof of residency than in the past years. The info that I posted in the post prior to this was taken directly from the Florida DMV.

In my case, as a home owner in Florida w/ a morgage, car, taxes and utilities to pay I qualify as a FL resident (plus I live there 4-6 mounths out of the year). I also maintain a residence in NJ with a morgage, car, taxes and utilities so I'm also a resident of New Jersey. Believe me it is not that uncommon to maintain two dwellings, people like me are called "snowbirds" by the locals.

Hope this helps!