PDA

View Full Version : Is atlantis aquaventure worth it with a 2 1/2yr old

Mushu11756
05-20-2010, 10:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone has done the water park Atlantis excursion with a toddler? I cant decide if the money is worth it or if we should just do the Atlantis beach day ? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated

DVC2004
05-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Haven't gone with a toddler but we vacationed at Atlantis last year. The slides have height restricitions. There may have been a few kiddie slides but I don't recall.

MidnTPK
05-21-2010, 11:08 AM
I was wondering if anyone has done the water park Atlantis excursion with a toddler? I cant decide if the money is worth it or if we should just do the Atlantis beach day ? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated

I visit Atlantis annually. My little girl has visited at 10 months, 21 months, and 34 months. There are several great kid pool areas that she loves.

Can you tell me what you mean by "worth it"?

Mushu11756
05-21-2010, 05:28 PM
I visit Atlantis annually. My little girl has visited at 10 months, 21 months, and 34 months. There are several great kid pool areas that she loves.

Can you tell me what you mean by "worth it"?

It would cost us $590 to do the excursion through dcl , which is a lot of money for use of the regular pools

tundramom
05-21-2010, 10:26 PM
We went a few years ago, the attractions are more aggressive than regular water parks, even the lazy river is not so lazy. With someone that young and the price involved I would opt for beach day or other excursion. Do you know if you do the beach, can you still walk thru the aquariums? They are really great and I'm sure your toddler would enjoy them.

Mushu11756
05-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Yes the beach day includes the aquarium. Thank You for your response

MidnTPK
05-24-2010, 08:51 AM
It would cost us $590 to do the excursion through dcl , which is a lot of money for use of the regular pools
That sounds like a lot, but when you compare it to the cost of a specific trip to Atlantis, it's cheaper. Have you checked that the toddler would be required to pay? Most things at Atlantis are free until Age 4.

Also, you can usually do Atlantis a bit cheaper by renting a room at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island. With the room, you could get access to Atlantis for 4 adults (the child under 4 wouldn't be counted toward room capacity).

If the issue is that you or your husband really wants to experience Atlantis and it water-slides, then I'll say it isn't too much for you to do the full pass. But if you are just looking to entertain your child for the day, and you two are indifferent to having the full Atlantis experience, then the beach pass might be the way to go...or just skip the beach pass, and go to the public areas of Atlantis and look at the one aquarium you can see from there.